xx. INTERMISSION: fLoWer

TWENTY INTERMISSION: FLOWER

🍒💌🕊

     Dear Ina Patel,

     How are you doing on this delightful, splendid Monday morning? I hope today finds you better than last week did (which, by the way, I told you that the butterbeer ice cream wouldn't agree with your stomach...)

     I thought you might like to know that yesterday, I was out exploring the grounds of the Potter Estate when I happened upon a bunny that reminded me of you. She was white and fluffy and had the most adorable tail, and I think you would have loved her. Do you like animals? I feel like you do.

     Anyhow, she was so cute that I wanted to pick her up, but of course, when I tried to, she bit me... Which made me think even more of you.

     Also, James keeps asking about you. I didn't know that the two of you even knew each other, but he keeps rambling on and on about some favor he absolutely needs to ask of you. It's getting to the point where it's a bit much, actually. Do you know what I mean? I'm sure you do.

     Anyways, the reason I'm writing to you on this day that is as lovely as any other, is—ironically—so I can ask a favor of you as well. If you get the chance, would you mind reminding your sister to respond to my owls? She and I have a few things to discuss and I fear she might be avoiding me.

     Cheers,

     Sirius Black

***

     Sirius Black,

     Are you saying that I look like a bunny? Frankly, I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or offended. I also must wonder what my sister sees in you, because you really are wholly insufferable.

     At the moment, I think I'm leaning more towards feeling offended—particularly because of your comment about me biting.

     I don't bite.

     I am also doubly insulted that you would bring up the butterbeer ice cream incident. i couldn't just not eat it after you bought it for me, could I? So I would say that the fault in that particular situation lies with you alone.

     On the topic of James Potter, I'm afraid I can't provide you any other details than you already know. He and I have spoken (probably) a total of four times in the past six years, so I am equally confused as to what he could possibly need from me. Although, I will say—if he's friends with you, I fear to find out what exactly I could provide that would help him...