iv. Venomous Tentaculas (Oh My!)

FOUR VENOMOUS TENTACULAS (OH MY!)

🍒💌🕊

     INA IS AN OPTIMIST. Really, truly, a through and through optimist. It's not too hard to believe, either, because—well, obvious reasons.

     Ina is an optimist, and yet—whoever decided it was a good idea for her to sit through double Herbology on a Monday morning is really trying to test that.

     It's not that she hates the subject. Hate is such a strong word, and Ina isn't even sure she can say that she hates anything. Strongly dislike, however? Definitely.

     She doesn't know why, but there's just something about plants that doesn't really click with her. She's more inclined to things that she can't kill on accident, because if her past experience with plants is anything to go by, Ina has the touch of death.

     Point being—she's never had the best relationship with Mother Nature, something that she can't say she's very proud of. Animals seem to hate her, plants frighten her, and so she chooses to avoid them altogether. Which is fine, because Will's love for plants and animals is enough for the both of them.

     Ina has always coasted by without much effort on that front when it comes to Herbology—Will deals with the practical part of it, and Ina is left writing up the aftermath of whatever heinous thing the class required.

     This year, though, it seems things won't be the same—because Will, the giant, lovable genius had to go and move on to advanced Herbology (the one meant for seventh years), leaving Ina all alone.

     The one time he actually uses his brains and applies them to something other than quidditch, and it's this...

     So, for the first time ever, Ina walks into the greenhouses alone.

     She's unsure of what to expect. I mean, after five (going on six) years, she's never really had any classes without Will—it's a little silly, but she can't help but feel a little disoriented by the prospect of it all.

     Ina arrives ten minutes before class is meant to start (on time is late, after all) and is surprised to find that most all the seats are filled.

     She's thankful that it's a Gryffindor-Hufflepuff lesson—at least if Will isn't by her side, her (very limited) social circle spans the two houses.