xiv. Would You Rather?

FOURTEEN WOULD YOU RATHER?

🍒💌🕊

     "JAMES POTTER, YOU ABSOLUTE ARSE, if you don't get out of my way right now, I'm going to hex you."

     If you had asked Ina an hour earlier what her plans for the rest of the day were, she would never in a million years have imagined it would be this. She probably would have told you she planned on getting some studying done in between classes, or that she was going to finish writing that letter to her mother, or that she going to grab a bite to eat before Herbology this afternoon.

     She would not have told you she expected to spectate a screaming match between Lily Evans and James Potter. And yet...

     "All you have to do is ask, Evans," James says, a smirk playing on his lips. "No need to bring my arse into it..."

     "Potter." Lily spits out.

     "Yes, Lily flower?"

     "You might want to just move, mate," Remus pipes up from where he is standing a few feet away. "You remember what happened to the last person she hexed, right?"

     It's strange, really, how she ended up here in this predicament.

     Only a few minutes earlier, Ina had been walking out of a very boring History of Magic lesson (most of which she spent preoccupied, thinking about that strange enchanted parchment from this morning.) She had all intentions of figuring out what exactly it is before afternoon class, until—

     With a horrible sense of dream, she suddenly happened to remember her plans to meet Remus in the library and get a bit of Transfiguration out of the way before the weekend. 

     And then, right as Ina was about to bolt down to the library, Lily decided it would be nice to tag along and work with them as well.

     Which wouldn't have been a problem—honestly! After all, she's nice and smart and a little chatty, so Ina didn't see anything wrong with her coming too. Until, that is, when they finally got the library and found not only Remus but James Potter as well.

     James Potter who, it seems, transforms into an insurmountable, wildly inappropriate jerk in the presence of one Lily Evans.

     "Well, it would be an honor to be hexed by someone as beautiful as my Lily."

     Lily looks thoroughly disgusted.

     "I am not an object!" She says shrilly. "And only someone as revolting as you would actually want to be hexed..."

     Remus just rolls his eyes.

     Ina watches on, awkward and confused from where she stand next to Remus. Her eyes flicker back and forth between the two of them, first on James and his bright and smug smirk, and then to Lily, who's complexion seems to be turning an alarming shade of tomato red as their argument escalates.