ii. Is that a Frog in Your Pants?

TWO IS THAT A FROG IN YOUR PANTS(OR ARE YOU JUST EXCITED TO SEE ME?)

(OR ARE YOU JUST EXCITED TO SEE ME?)

🍒💌🕊

     THE GRANDEUR AND BEAUTY OF HOGWARTS never fails to sweep Ina off her feet. Maybe it's because (and excuse her cheesiness) the school is absolutely magical—in the literal sense, obviously, but also in the sweep-you-off-your-feet sense. Maybe it's because of her eccentric obsession with ancient architectural wonders (like... serious obsession. She cried while visiting the Palace of Alhambra.)

     Maybe it's because of neither, and instead has something to do with the fact that after six years, the school is simply so commonplace in her life that it's not the astounding wonder of the castle that takes her breath away time and time again, but simply the familiarity and comfort.

     This is what Ina thinks while queueing to exit the Hogwarts Express (frankly, she can't wait to get off), which has just pulled into Hogsmeade station.

     The first glimpse of the castle, through the trees, the glimmer as it shines against the Black Lake—that has always been Ina's favorite part. She's never been sure how anyone actually enjoys the train ride part of it. It's 8 hours of staring out windows, just waiting, which is nothing more than anticipation and nerves.

     But actually arriving—actually seeing Hogwarts in all its majesty? It's an irreplaceable experience.

     "...well, she told me she didn't believe me," Ina's best friend, Will gesticulates wildly, "so obviously I had to prove her wrong."

     His trunk, charmed, floats along next to him as he steps off the train, and Ina follows, trunk in hand.

     "So... You're telling me, you pulled a frog out of your pocket to prove a point to a girl you met in China?" Ina clarifies.

     Will stops and turns around to look at her. "Well, yeah, that's what I just said?"

     "Why did you have a frog in your pocket in the first place?" Ina asks as they follow the crowd, and his eyes light up.

     "Oh! Well, last year when I was doing research on lobalugs—you remember, right?—"

     In fact, she does remember. Very vividly. He didn't leave the library for the two weeks he spent working on it.

     "—I found a book about zouwu's that said they are attracted by frogs, and they're native to China, so..."

     Ina stares. "And you decided to try while... you were on a date?"