He's Not Proud #2

Wilbur walked over to the pile of toys and took out one of the dummies, a few teddies and a colouring book. He walked over to Techno and Tommy.

"Hey bubba do you want these?" I ask softly.

He smiled and made grabby hands. I sat down on the floor next to them and handed him his stuff. He put the dummy on the floor, the colouring book on the floor, and held the teddies. There was a cow, a dog and a lion.

He gave the dog to Wilbur and the lion to Techno. He started babbling away them. His brothers played with him, which made the little very happy.

Meanwhile Phil noticed that Wilbur wasn't back yet. He was worried for his son. He walked upstairs and went looking for the young musician.

When he saw Tommy's door open for a change, he was surprised. He quietly walked over. But when he looked in, his heart was crushed.

They noticed Phil and looked over at him. Tommy, who was previously happy, was scared yet again. His dad wouldn't be proud of him like this. His bedroom was a mess, and he was very very regressed.

He stared to panic, and desperately tried to crawl off of Techno's lap. When he was held firmly, he started to cry again. Wilbur noticed this and walked over to Phil.

"Hey dad. Um...Tommy's not doing great at the moment. He- he thinks your not proud of him. Which i know you are but he can't see that. Can you just, go downstairs?" He explained hesitantly.

"I...I understand. Can you...can you try to get him out of his room? I trust you both to look after him. I'll go shopping while you look after him. Maybe buy him somethin," he told him.

"Of course dad. And don't worry, we'll help him," he reassured.

Phil nodded and left. Though he was sad his son felt like that, it was heart-warming to see his brothers care about him like that.

Meanwhile Techno was trying to calm down crying Tommy (again).

"Ssshh Toms it's ok. Dad's not going to hate you," he whispered.

Tommy was desperately trying to get out of little space. But it was difficult, which made him feel weak, which made him cry harder.

"Da' no' see like dis! An da' sad an i nee 'ay sowy!" He cried.

He attempted to escape again, but it was to no avail. Techno, desperate to get him back into babyspace, picked up the dummy and put it in Tommy's mouth. He started sucking on it and he could feel him relax.

"Hey Tech, think we can get the kid downstairs?" Wilbur asked from the doorway.

"Probably. Is dad going to be there?" He replied.

"I think he's going to go shopping, so we should be good," he told him.

Techno nodded and stood up, making sure to hold Tommy. He was falling asleep a bit, all the crying and panicking making him drouzy.

The boys slowly went downstairs. They were both hesitant, not knowing how he'd react. Thankfully he simply ignored his surroundings, deciding to snuggle into Techno and fall asleep.

They sat on the sofa, now unsure what to do.

"Maybe we should wake him up?" Wilbur suggested.

"Have you seen his bags? The kid probably hasn't slept in ages," He responded.

The room was doused in silence once again.

"Hey wilbur...was this our fault?" Techno eventually asked.

He was silent for a few seconds. He had been thinking the same thing.

"I-I don't think it's entirely our fault. Y'know he could have said something and he did overwork himself. But...we probably should have noticed. And done something," he admitted.