Chapter 6

Chapter Six

Dedicated to one of my most awesomest friends Lindsey - who kept me from taking down my story xD. You're awesome girl!

*Picture of Michael on the side*

The days passed by pretty quickly and pretty soon it was time for school. I was ready to go ahead and get this new girl stuff over with. The only people that knew me were the ones who went to the welcome party when we had first arrived. Tomorrow would be the first day. I wouldn't be able to hide out at my house for the entire day trying to avoid seeing Derek. I looked at my phone, surprised that I hadn't seen a message from him yet. He must be attending to some pack business.

He had been texting me ever since he'd gotten my number. If I didn't text him back within ten minutes, he'd just send another text. So sometimes I woke up with a couple of messages before he just figured that I was sleep and wasn't ignoring him. I put on a pair of sneakers and walked downstairs. It'd been a while since I let my wolf out. I needed to shift. I went out the back door and walked to the little private beach. I hid behind the big tree and stripped out of my clothes, transforming into my wolf. She let out a howl. It was good to be free and stretch -our bones after being pent up for so long.

I started running through the woods. I had taken a couple of trips through here getting to know my surrounds in human form. I pretty much had a good idea of where I was going. I'd even started to make a little trail. I ran around for about thirty minutes when I decided to go back inside. I could play around all day, but it'd be nice to have someone to run around with like back in Ohio. I would do it with Jared all the time. Speaking of Jared, every single time I would try to tell him about finding my mate he'd be busy. A part of me wondered if he was keeping himself busy so he wouldn't have to hear. I mentally shrugged. You couldn't be too sure. I went back to the tree and found my clothes where I'd left them. I shifted back and went back to the house.

When I stepped into the house, I heard laughter. I raised an eyebrow and went to the living room. The Lawson family was here? Why would they be in my house? I looked around for Derek and pretty soon I saw him. He was smirking in my direction. His eyes were dancing out of glee. No wonder everyone was busy in the kitchen when I left. I had totally forgotten about having a dinner with them.

I cleared my throat, "Um, hello?"

Everyone turned their attention to me. I'm pretty sure you could tell I had just come back from a run. My hair was most likely standing up in all kinds of places. They all greeted me with a smile. My mom was slightly frowning. I guess that was my cue to go wash up again in my room.

"I'm just going to go wash up really quick." I stated.

"Can I come?" Madeline asked.

"Sure you can. Come on." I smiled. She hadn't seen my room yet. I think she'd like it. Come to think of it - I hadn't seen her room either. I'd have to make it a mission to do that.

"I'll call you girls down whenever dinner is ready. It'll be done within thirty minutes. I put on the chicken a little late. I got a little distracted with the food network channel." She chuckled, clearly amused at her own realization.

"Okay mom."

I took a peek at Derek and noticed that he was in a deep conversation on the phone. He had this tiny worry line on his forehead. I wonder what could be the problem. Michael might have done something outrageous. Even though I had talked to him a little while, I could tell that he was a handful if he ever got out of control. I noted that after the flashback of him stumbling across my street the first day I got here. I beckoned Maddie to follow me and we traveled up the stairs.