Chapter 30 (The End)

Chapter Thirty

“Derek! Derek!” I shifted not caring of my bare state. “Derek! Wake up! Someone help him! He’s not moving!” I was shaking him and he wasn’t doing anything. No movements. Nothing. Tears were streaming down my face. This couldn’t be happening right now. What would I do without him? A deep sorrow took over me as I lay beside him crumpled up in a little ball. I kept repeating his name over and over again hoping that a miracle would happen and he’d hear my voice and wake up so I could see his beautiful smile, the light in his joyful eyes.

I heard the crunch of grass as someone ran to get to where I was with my unconscious mate. I felt a gentle caress move across my shoulder. I didn’t budge.

“Whisper, the ambulance is on the way. The paramedics are going to rush him to the emergency room. They should be here any minute now. Put this shirt on.” Maddie stated.

I still didn’t move. “I’m not leaving him.”

 “Whisper, I didn’t say that you had to leave him. Put this on. How do you think my brother would feel if he saw his mate naked in front of other men?”

I took what she said into consideration. She was right. He’d be ripping people’s heads off. I quickly put the shirt on and instantly felt a little relief.  I sniffed it. It was Derek’s. No sooner than I had put the shirt on I could hear the loud ringing of the ambulance signaling to everyone around it to move out of the way.

The ambulance pulled onto the field and two guys jumped out and ran to Derek’s form. One guy opened the back of the ambulance pulling out a stretcher while the other was bending down over Derek checking to see if he was still breathing. He looked up at me.

“Are you related to him?”

“I’m his mate.” I said without thinking. I knew they were werewolves because of their scents so I wasn’t worried about the secret becoming exposed or anything.

The second paramedic continued searching for a pulse. He pulled back when he found it and glanced up at me. “He’s still breathing, but barely. We need to get him to the hospital as quick as possible. From there the pack doctor will handle everything else. From the gash on his stomach, he might need surgery.”

I nodded frantically. “Come on! Let’s go. We don’t have time to talk. My mate is dying!”

I jumped into the ambulance before anyone could say another word. The two men lifted Derek onto the stretcher as carefully as possible. After they were done they slid the stretcher into the back of the ambulance, jumped in, and zoomed off.

Maddie had already told me through the pack link that she was going to stay behind and let everyone else know what was going on so I could be with Derek. I wasn’t going to argue with her. The ambulance was flying through town and finally we slowed down as we pulled into the emergency room parking lot.

The paramedics climbed out and opened the back doors. They set the stretcher up, put him on it, and burst through the doors of the hospital. The pack doctor was already waiting and he removed the sheet that was covering Derek’s body up. When he pulled it back, he gasped in complete shock.

Derek had this huge gash that ran diagonally along his stomach. It was deep and still oozing out blood. The doctor quickly snapped into serious mode.

“Nurse!” He whipped his head to look at a shorter woman that was dressed in all white. “I need him to be taken to Room 101. He needs immediate surgery to close this gash up.”

“I’m going with you.” I stated leaving no room for question.

He looked in my direction noticing me for the first time. “I’m sorry ma’am but its authorized personnel only. I can’t allow you to come in the operating room.”