Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

I woke up the next morning feeling pretty great. It was time for the first day of school. It was about time I'd shed this new girl cover. I sat up in bed and stretched. I walked into my bathroom and turned on the shower. It would take a couple of minutes for the water to warm up. While the water was running, I looked into my cabinet and pulled out my cherry scented shampoo and conditioner. I started day dreaming about how the day would go. Hopefully too many people wouldn't bother me or ask me questions. I really didn't want to go around the school all day telling my life story.

I finished showering after about twenty minutes and wrapped a towel around my hair and body. I walked over to my nightstand and checked my phone for any messages. I had one. I opened the message and saw that it was from Jared. My heart sunk a little. Every single time he'd say he'd call me something always came up. I'm sure something was going on with the pack, but he wouldn't tell me because he probably figures I'll worry. I won't. Okay...maybe I will. I shook those thoughts from my mind and took a peek at the message.

~I promise that I will call you today. I know I've been saying that things have been coming up, but you've been expecting me to call and I don't want to disappointment my girlfriend anymore. Love you Whisp.~

I typed out a message. ~It's okay and I'll be waiting for your call. <3~

I let out a breath. I couldn't find it in me to say that I loved him. I mean I did, but just not in the way he loved me. I walked to my closet and started picking out an outfit. I decided to wear a pair of dark denim jeans with a green lace top. I chose a pair of green Nikes to go along with the outfit. I finished drying myself off and plugged up the iron. A few minutes later, I'd gotten dressed and curled my hair.

The only thing left to do was put on a little bit of mascara. I went to my vanity and looked into my drawer. What I saw made my eyebrows furrow. I reached in the drawer and found a note rolled onto my mascara tube. I untied the rubber band that held it and unfolded the note.

I hope you have a great day of school. :]

I smiled. My mom would be the one to write a note telling me to have a good first day of school. I continued putting on my mascara and applied some lip balm. I went downstairs and saw my mom at the stove finishing up breakfast. I grabbed a bowl from a cupboard and grabbed a box of King Vitamins from the other. I walked over to the refrigerator to get some milk bumping into my dad in the process.

"Dad, you're going to mess up my outfit and then I'm going to have to go all the way back upstairs and change." I chastised him.

He chuckled, "Sorry, sweetie. I'll try to look where I'm going next time."

I leaned over and gave him a hug. "Can you hand me a spoon while you're right there?"

He reached into the utensil drawer and gave me a small spoon. As soon as I sat down, mom brought over the plate that was filled with bacon and eggs. The smell was so intoxicating. I couldn't wait to dig in. We called grandma from out of the living room and we all said grace. I finished eating before everyone. I was very hungry for some reason. Usually I got a little anxious when I was nervous and I would eat. Luckily, I was a wolf or I'd probably be working out after school instead of dancing.

"So who's going to drive me to school today?" I looked around. No one said anything for a few seconds. I was starting to become impatient. "I can't just walk to the school. Do you know how many miles it is away from here? You know what, I'll just see if Maddie has left her house. I'm glad she doesn't live far away." At the moment I was kind of annoyed because no one was offering to drive me to school.