Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

            I frantically scrambled around to find Maddie. Where was she? I found her putting her hair into a ponytail. Walking up to her, I blocked her view of her reflection in the mirror. She glanced at me with a curious expression sketched onto her face.

“Yes, how may I help you ma’am? She asked trying to imitate a secretary like voice.

“Cut the act Maddie. I have a serious problem here.” I rushed out all at once.

“What’s going on Whisper?”

            I turned around and lifted my arms. She just looked at me. “I don’t see anything but your mar- ooh. Your mark is showing!”

            I threw my arms in the hair, “Exactly. Do I have time to run back to the gym and put some makeup on it to cover it up?”

            A high pitched voice barged into the conversation, “No, you don’t have time to go back to the gym.”

            I whirled around to face Cecilia with narrowed eyes, “Why not? I just seen two girls heading back.”

“They went before the boys ran out.”

I rolled my eyes, “It’s really important that I get back to the gym. I have too!”

“Too bad. You’re not going and that’s final. Why do you need to go back to the gym anyways?”

“That’s none of your business,” I replied back curtly.

“I saw who you were with the other day.”

            I looked at her with a confused expression. “What are you stalking me now?”

            She ignored my stalker comment, “I saw you at the carnival with Derek the other day. What was that about? I warned you about talking to him.”

“What Derek and I do in our free time is none of your business. So you can just stay out of it.”

“It is my business because he is mine!” She yelled at me.

            I growled. My wolf was moving closer to the surface. “He is not yours he is mi-!”

            Maddie jerked my shoulders back. I looked over at her with a warning glare. She backed up a little, seeing that my wolf was close and could snap at any moment. You never got around a werewolf who was in defense mode about their mate. Even if that person was part of your family or your best friend you still had to be cautious. Although I didn’t like being yanked back I did appreciate that she was there trying to help me. Taking a deep breath, I looked at Cecilia.

“I’ll say this one more time. It is none of your business what I do and who I did it with. I’ll mind mine and I’m going to need you to mind yours. It’s as simple as that. If you could get that past your thick skull maybe we wouldn’t have so many problems.”

Her face turned red and she started shaking. She was livid. I could tell that her wolf was threatening to come out. “Maybe you should get a leash on your wolf.”

She snarled and took a step closer to me getting right in my face. “You better watch what you say mutt.”

I looked her straight in the eyes. I wanted to try something. “Step down.” I demanded.

She was kind of shaking, her wolf slowly submitting to mine. Being that I actually had a higher status than her she didn’t have a choice in whether to step down or not. Cecilia was looking at me with confusion clear in her eyes. She didn’t understand why her wolf was listening to my command.