Chapter 25

**I got a special request to make this next chapter in Derek's POV from @JustDifferent1997. So, I just decided to start from when he was at football practice and starting feeling weird. Enjoy :D**

Chapter Twenty Five

Derek POV

            Pain. That was the only thing I was feeling and my knees dropped down onto the football field. Something was terribly wrong. I groaned in agony. Why was I feeling like this? I had never experienced this before. My teammates all stopped what they were doing and so did Coach. Through blurry eyes, I watched as they all crowded around me asking me what was wrong.

            Coach spoke, “Don’t crowd around him! Let the boy breathe.” Everyone took a step back and then Coach continued. “Son, what’s wrong with you?”

            I shook my head. “Coach, I have no idea. I’ve never felt like this before. It just feels like someone is trying to claw my insides out and my wolf won’t shut up howling in my head.”

            He looked at me with a grim expression. “Son, the only time you feel that is if you’re mate is in trouble. I think something could be going on right now.”

Whisper.

            Of course it had to be her! Pain forgotten, I started barking out orders. My mate was in trouble and I had to get to her. I made a promise and I was dead set on keeping it.

“Michael,” I turned to look at him.

            He took his helmet off and threw it on the football field coming towards me.

 “Yeah bro?”

 “I need you to make a phone call. I want my best warriors to assemble. I want them to be at the gym with the Escalades and ready to fight within 10 minutes. I’m heading to the gym. Whisper is in trouble. It’s got to be that Jared guy.”

            He nodded his head and sprinted to go back inside of the locker room to grab his phone and make the call. I guess that sicko had finally made his move. Was he back at the gym? Was he hurting all of the other cheerleaders or just Whisper? My wolf roared angrily. I could feel my canines elongating from rage.

            My wolf was just on the brink of breaking out. I felt someone touch my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw that one of my teammates had brought out my clothes. I sent him a grateful nod and proceeded to hurriedly change my clothes.

            I didn’t care that I was changing in front of everyone. The only thing on my mind was saving Whisper. I was lucky that I had placed my phone in the back pocket of my jeans. After changing, I sprinted towards the gym. The doors slammed open loudly. With as much force as I used to push them open, I’m surprised that they didn’t fly off of the hinges.

'           The cheerleaders that were still on the court turned to look at me in surprise. I looked around and spotted Maddie picking something up off the floor. I ran to her and grabbed her shoulders roughly shaking her. I was out of control and I wasn’t thinking straight. The only thing that was repeating in my mind was Whisper. I had to know if she was alright.

“Maddie! Where’s Whisper?”

            She looked at me curiously, “What do you mean where’s Whisper? She’s right…” She turned around to glance around the gym with a confused expression. “I don’t know where she could have run off too. She was just in here.”

            I started to get worried. This wasn’t good at all. “When was the last time you seen her? I think something might be wrong.”