Chapter 26

Chapter Twenty Six

Whisper POV

            My eyes snapped opened and I looked at the guy who had just revealed to me that he wasn’t Jared. Glancing up at the mysterious person’s face, I jerked back in surprise. He wasn’t fibbing. This wasn’t Jared in front of me. I have to admit, the guy was pretty cute. He had blonde hair that was just above his eyes and piercing green eyes. He didn’t have any dimples, but he did have high cheek bones. He was the exact opposite of Jared.

             This was someone totally different.

            I racked my brain trying to get an explanation for this. I was more confused than nervous now. The nameless guy took one look at my expression and grinned in amusement.

            He turned to go to a corner of the room and my eyes followed his every move. He moved with confidence like he knew no one could touch him. I tried sniffing out his scent. There wasn’t any kind of smell at all. A couple of seconds later he came back with a chair in his hands. He flipped the chair so he was leaning over the back facing me. He placed his chin on his open palms and watched me for what felt like ten long agonizing minutes. I started to get uncomfortable.

“How are you Princess?” He asked curiously.

            I didn’t say anything for a while. I just kept looking at him. Where have I seen him before? Instead of answering his question, I asked him a question that I was dying to get an answer too.

 “How are you able to mask your scent?”

            “I think that’s for me to know and for you to figure out. It’s my secret.” He chuckled. Maybe when we get married I’ll teach you, but for now you’re not going to find out anything.”

            I frowned when he mentioned marriage. He talked about it like it wasn’t a big deal. It was! I decided to just ignore his choice of words and continue asking him different things.

 “You do know that it is forbidden right? You could get into some serious trouble for doing that. Aren’t you worried? I mean even a little bit?”

            He scoffed and sat up a little straighter in the chair locking eyes with me. “Princess, I’m not from around here. Where I come from we do what we want when we want. There aren’t any rules or anybody telling you what’s right or wrong. It’s everyone for themselves.”

            I studied him for a moment longer. He smirked at me. “Are you checking me out? Take a picture, it’ll last longer.”

            I rolled my eyes at him. “I’d rather stare at my mate than you any day.” I mumbled.

            The mysterious stranger jumped up so quickly I didn’t have time to react. His chair flew back and hit the floor and he got right in my face. “Do not ever mention that scum again! I can’t stand him!” He was shaking. He looked like his wolf was on the verge of breaking out. His eyes started swirling between green and black.

“Why don’t you like him?” I challenged.

“It’s a long story.” He said calming himself down enough to set the chair back upright and plop down on it.

“Why do you have me here?” I whimpered.

“To marry you.” He said simply.

             There he went with the marriage word again. “Just let me go. I’m sure there are a lot of girls who would want to be with you. I don’t want to be here. Please just let me go. Please.”