Chapter 17 (Part One)

*Picture of little girl on the side*

Chapter Seventeen

I just looked at the little girl for a minute. It’s not every day that you have a random kid tug on your shirt. Especially one that was bold enough to ask you who you were. She really was a cute little girl. She had a little spunk to her dressed up in a fluffy purple tutu and white stockings. I bent down to her level.

“Hey there. My name is Whisper Rayne. What’s yours?”

She giggled, “Rayne? Like the rain that falls from the sky right? Shouldn’t you be in the clouds?” She scrunched up her nose in this really cute way. I couldn’t help but to smile.

“But if I were in the clouds I wouldn’t be able to meet you now would I?”

She put a finger up to her cheek like she was in deep thought. Her bright green eyes were squinted together like she was waiting for an idea to pop into her head. Finally, she just shrugged.

“Yah, I guess you’re right.” She stuck out her hand. “My name is Tia, Tia Jackson and it’s very nice to meet you Cloud.”

I laughed lightly, “Cloud? I thought my name was Whisper.”

“Nahh, since you’re supposed to be in the clouds right now I’m just going to call you Cloud.”

I sat on the ground and crossed my knees pretending that I was pondering over her new nickname that she suddenly dubbed on me. “If I’m going to be Cloud, then I’m going to name you Puff.”

She just looked at me, “Puff?”

I laughed, “Puff because of your fluffy tutu. I use to have a tutu the same color as that.”

Her eyes widened and I noticed her look at Derek. She glanced back at me and motioned for me to come closer. She cupped her hands by my ear and started whispering loudly. “You can’t tell anybody, but…” She looked around, “purple is my favorite color and I like tutus!”

I widened my eyes, “Me too!” I repeated. She looked pleased with this and all of a sudden took my hand in hers.

“You have to pinky promise that you won’t tell anybody. Because if you tell anybody then we won’t be able to be best friends anymore and I like you and I don’t want that to happen!”

This entire time she was still whispering loudly. I smiled at her and held out my pinky. She grasped and shook it for good measure. “I won’t tell anybody, not even Derek.” I promised.

She giggled again. “Good.” She grabbed my hand and tried to pull me up with her. I didn’t even want her to struggle too bad so I took a lot of the weight off of her and stood up myself. She let go of my hand and looked at her own with wonder. “Whoa. I didn’t know I was that strong!” She exclaimed excitedly.

I heard Derek chuckling behind me. Tia turned to him and looked at him with puppy dog eyes. “Alpha Derek, can I take my new best friend to meet my friends? Please?” She drawled.

Derek looked at me and acted like he was pondering about it. I could see the playful smirk on his face. I already knew he was going to say yes to her. I mean how could you not say yes to an adorable little girl? She pleaded. “Cloud needs to meet my friends! They will like her so much.” She insisted.

I decided to join in with Tia. I started trailing my hand on his shoulder. I saw him shiver slightly. I started smiling. “Yeah, come on Alpha. You heard her. They’ll love me.”

Derek grabbed my hand. “Alright alright. Whisper can go with you.”

“Yes!” Tia exclaimed jumping up in the air with her fist raised in victory.

He turned to her. “Just know that I’m going to be coming to get her soon so enjoy her while you can.”

She smiled and turned towards me. “He let you come. You must have a magical power or something.” I turned towards Derek and saw him shaking his head in amusement.

I shot him a sly smile. “Oh I’ve got the magic alright.” 

~I'm not sure if the chapters are coming through since Wattpad was having some issues!! So comment on this chapter so I'll know if everything is working fine. I also want to know your opinion on whether I should finish this chapter out with Derek's point of view or not :P. Thanks for reading!~