Chapter 13

** I just want to say THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY. I swear I checked the amount of reads and it was like 500 something reads. I rechecked after the last two days and I'm proud to say this has over 1,000 reads!! Since, this made me really happy, I decided to make this chapter longer than the others! THANKS AGAIN. I FREAKING LOVE YOU! LOL.**

Chapter Thirteen

Besides the little incident that happened with Mr. Dollar, the school day pretty much passed by uneventful. I had cheerleading practice after school. So I walked to the gym. I’d still rather be on a dance team, but hey. If life gives you sugar, you just have to make some tropical punch flavored Kool-Aid. I walked into the dressing room and all conversation seemed to stop for a split second. Some of the girls were still whispering and glancing at me every three seconds.

I rolled my eyes. Nobody ever said anything to your face. If they wanted to know something instead of looking at me like I was from another planet they should just get the balls to come talk to me in person. I opened up my bag and put on my uniform. After that I made my way onto the court. I sat down slowly and I started stretching. Practice needed to hurry up and start. By the time we would finish, I would only have two hours to get ready for my date. Out of nowhere I was tackled. The only clue to determine who this person could be was the curly mop of brown hair that was lying beside me. Only one person would have the guts to do this.

“Well hello to you too Maddie.” I chuckled.

“Hey girl.” She drawled with sparkling eyes.

 She finally raised herself off of me just to sit in front of me with her legs crossed. I looked in her eyes. She had that glint that Derek sometimes got whenever he knew something that I didn’t know.

I narrowed my eyes. “Spit it out.”

“I thought you’d never ask!” She exclaimed. I laughed. This girl couldn’t hold water even if you paid her.

I smirked. “Technically I didn’t ask. I stated slash commanded you to tell me what was on your mind.”

She rolled her eyes. “Anyways, little miss future Luna. What’s this I heard about Derek completely losing his cool around Mr. Dollar this morning?”

I groaned, “You don’t even want to know.”

“Oh, but I do my dear friend.”

“Mr. Dollar was just being so stupid today. I don’t even want to talk about.”

She threw her hands up. “Well I do! Now quit stalling and spill it woman before I shake it out of you!”

“First of all I was late to school right? I was already in a bad mood because I had to run back in the house and get my cheer stuff. Then as soon as I get to the school I open up my locker, get my books out, some kid flies by and knocks everything from my hands. Then he has the nerve to try to snap at me.”

“Maybe he was on his man period but continue.”

“I figured that Mr. Dollar would be fifteen minutes late like he always is, but I was wrong. He would be on time the one day that I’m late. Well, he confronted me about it and basically started getting an attitude about it. He was stepping up to me and getting all in my face. I swear it took everything in me not to deck him in in front of everyone. It took every ounce of my willpower. Like, no lie.”

“Keep going.” She urged changing her position to where she was laying down and resting her chin in the palm of her hands.

“You could tell that Derek was getting upset. I’m surprised the grip that he had on that desk didn’t damage it. He finally lost it when Mr. Dollar told him to mind his own business.”