Mr. big Brother

[SEASON 1; EPISODE 20]

Gabriel walks into Rousseau's for the wake of Father Kieran. Though he never really had many conversations with the man he knew that Kieran was a big part of this community and he knew how much he meant to Camille. The woman who was slowly turning his brother soft, not that he saw that as a bad thing.

Irish music was blasting everywhere in the quarter, drinking as much alcohol has possible, and many were sharing stories  of their found memories with the man. Spotting his little brother, Niklaus, sitting by himself seemingly grumpy as ever he approaches. Camille struts away after saying what she needed to. "And it worked out for you so well the first time, why change a thing?"

Gabriel can tell he's thinking of when Marcellus was a child. They did everything for that boy. He was like a son to the both of them.

Taking a seat in the same booth as his brother he silently raises a brow as he downs another glass, slamming it on the table. "Someone's having a bad day."

"I know I haven't been around these parts lately. It's a testament to Father Kieran that we could come together and share a drink, and a story or two. Kieran rolled into town on a rusty old cruiser after his daddy died twenty-five years ago. And damnit, that guy could party! That was, of course, before he took his vows. But, even then, he was committed to the Quarter. He knew that this town needed him. And, we still do. To Father K!" Marcellus raises his glass for a toast.

"To Father K." Everyone including Gabriel raise their glasses.

Elijah joins the two and looks to Gabriel in silent question when he notices Klaus' mood. "Seems rather uncivilized, to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one."

"Yes, far better to practice your process of grief, Niklaus. denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements." Elijah smirks as he pours himself his own drink.

Hayley joins the three, sitting next to Gabriel, he kisses her cheek in greeting, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "I will warn you, little wolf, Nik is in a spectacularly foul mood today. Perhaps his witch stopped giving out when she realized his therapy sessions were working a little too well." Gabriel snorts.

"Sod off." Klaus scoffs.

Hayley looks towards the hybrid with determination shining in her eyes. "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds, people are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling."

The man only waves her concerns off. "It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it. And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us."

"Niklaus." Gabriel lowly growls in warning.

Hayley plasters a sarcastic smile on her face. "Awesome! Then, we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize I'm very capable of looking after myself."