MR. UNTIL THEN

• • •"NIKLAUS!" Gabriel roars in rage after he stops his brother from getting to their younger sister for the seventh time in the past two hours

• • •
"NIKLAUS!" Gabriel roars in rage after he stops his brother from getting to their younger sister for the seventh time in the past two hours. "Stop this nonsense now! You're being ridiculous."

Klaus scoffs in disbelief. "Did you not hear what she did? And yet you protect her and for what? She will betray you too. She did when she called Mikael! He hates you as much as he hates me!"

"She was scared of you! You never gave her any freedom nor did you allow her to love!" Gabriel defends his sister, and although he was furious with her, he would protect her until he was dead. Always.

"You weren't even here! You didn't witness how cruel father was when he threatened me with the white oak stake slowly digging into my back! You were gone!" Klaus shouts in anger, as he points the exact weapon towards his brother.

"Is that what this is about? You're getting angry because I wasn't there to share your pain!" Gabriel spats out. "I have been taking your beatings and pain for a millennial!"

"You don't understand." Klaus mutters in annoyance. "You wouldn't."

"As soon as I got the message from the witches that Mikael was in New Orleans I came back and I'm the only reason why Elijah got out alive!" Gabriel screams in anger, finally fed up with all of his siblings. "I almost died!"

"You're lying! You never came back to New Orleans that night!" Klaus snarks back, thinking he was lying.

"He's not lying, brother." Elijah whispers from a statue that he had been leaning against with his arms crossed. "He came that night. Father was about to end my own life and he stopped him. He made me flee and I didn't see him again until Mystic Falls." Elijah admits.

"If Elijah could have beaten father then, don't you think everything would be different? If he could actually stand against father!" Gabriel tries to get him to see sense.

"This changes nothing." Klaus says. "She still told Mikael where we were! She still led him right to us."

"And you have a right to be angry! Bloody hell! I have a right to be furious. I had just lost the girl I was In love with a couple of months prior and couldn't even take time to myself to grieve. All because she called father to New Orleans." Gabriel says impassively.

From a few statues away Rebekah lowers her head in guilt and shame. She finally realizes how her actions actually have consequences. And that she didn't just hurt Klaus or even Elijah. Hell, even Marcel. She did something she swore to herself she never would. She hurt her beloved brother. The brother that had never done anything but protect her.

And while she was crying and complaining because she couldn't display her love in public, her brother was grieving the fact that he would never see the woman he loved again. She was selfish when she called Mikael to New Orleans.