Mr. choices

Every one stands in the compounds study feeling a large amount of anxiety. Gabriel was holding Hope and relishing in the peace she brought him reguardless of the situation. A large part of him felt guilty from being so absent in her life. Now that the wolves were always around the compound he very rarely came around and when it was just his brother that had her he didnt dare inturrupt their time. He hoped the little girl would never grow up to question his love for her.

Caroline admired the two of them from afar and couldnt take the thought of him having a child of his own. She's brought out of her thought by a nagging Klaus. "I should really stop packing these away. There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling." He hands them to Marcel. "Find Rebekah... or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was and use these to stop her from doing magic. And don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister."

Marcel looks around at all of the siblings with worry written on his face. "Alright, I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed witch kids. The twenty-four hour hold that you guys got the covens to agree to? Ended at midnight. Every witch in the city is gonna be gunning for her."

Gabriel sighs into the babies head realizing convincing that old witch was going to be a lot more complicated than the first time around. And frankly, he didn't wanna deal with it. Turning to Hayley who had been eyeing him and caroline the whole time he orders. "Go to Elijah. Get him to charm the elderly witch into calling off the hunt."

Hayley sends him an annoyed glance. "And leave Hope? Don't you think I should stay here and protect my daughter?"

Klaus notices his brothers face drop in slight anger and butts in. "Jackson has been working night and day to secure this compound, surrounding it with his werewolf army. Not to mention the fact that I'm here, and I know the best way to protect our child is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body and back into the original model."

Gabriel gestures to his brother in agreement. Hayley glares at the both of them. "Hmm. And, what will you two be doing while we're out doing all the dirty work?"

Klaus shrugs. "Why, tending to the even dirtier work, as usual."

Everyone looks to Gabrile for an explanation and he shrugs as well. "Davina has a parent teacher conference."

Caroline glances at him from the corner of her eye knowing they had both sent Kol and Davina away early this morning.

"What are you up to?" Caroline questions the man as they walk hand in hand down the busy streets of new Orleans.

"Coming up with a plan b, c, d, and e." He smirks down at the tiny blonde.

Caroline stops and he sends her a questioning look. "I have to go back to Mystic falls." Gabriel's face drops. "Alaric is getting married but I'll be back as soon as I can." She promises.

Gabriel looks around and lets out a small sigh. Cupping her cheek with his right hand he gives her a soft smile. "You don't have to stay here for me, you know? I know you miss all your friends and it's been a while since you've seen your mothers grave, love. I know you stay up late at night to catch up on everything you've missed through out the day and I also know you eventually wanna go back to school. Don't let me hold you back."

Caroline's eyes tear up and she shakes her head with a small laugh. "You've got it all wrong."

His face scrunches up in confusion.

"You are so smart yet so clueless Gabriel Mikaelson." She sighs. "Yes I miss my friends and I want to visit my mom. But being here these last few months, getting in the car all that time ago to come back with you here was one of the best decisions of my life. You're family is crazy and they do bad things but they've kind of become my family too. You've allowed me the chance to see what kind of people i've been missing out on this whole time. I don't want to wake up one day and realize I passed on the man I have been waiting for since I was a little girl. The man that will take me to see the world, who can put up with all my tantrums and attitudes, and the man who loves me no matter what." She looks to the ground. "I know that you still have feelings for Hayley. I can't blame you she's an incredible woman. But if there is even a sliver of a chance for us... I dont want to be the reason we never tried."