MR. WEAK

[SEASON 1; EPISODE 22]

Hayley sits in a rocking chair in the babies room with her feet propped onto Gabriel's lap. He had dragged a chair into the room and sat next to her claiming he "heard" an odd noise near the room and wanted to be near in case any danger came. But everyone knew he was just attached at the hip to the pregnant wolf.

They were both writing letters, one on plain paper and another in a journal. The truth was that Gabriel had stopped writing in journals as time went on because they simply became outdated, that and his siblings all had snooped through his things one time or another. But when Elijah had told him that when Hayley was first brought to the plantation and she was looking at his journals about Marie with such envy and admiration, he decided to write a journal completely for her.

Klaus enters the room and leans in the doorway. "Writing a love letter to one of your many suitors? So, who's the lucky recepient, then?" He smirks, Gabriel ignores his brothers goading and continues his writing. "Jackson? Or, Elijah?" He teases. Hayley rolls his eyes and then he mock gasps. "Don't tell me it's me? I thought I was out of the running ages ago!"

That elicits a laugh from all three of them before Gabriel goes back to his writing he was currently very invested in. "And the award for "Biggest Ego" goes to..." She gestures towards a laughing Klaus. Her smile fades into a groan as she feels a kick from her belly. "Oh!"

Both men look towards her in worry but she waves them off. "How is our littlest wolf?" Klaus lightly questions.

The brunette gestures towards her stomach as she rubs it. "Do you want to...?"

Klaus steps back, looking more nervous than Gabriel had ever seen him. "Come on Nik! Ive been wanting to feel her kick for months but I promised myself I'd make sure you'd be the first male to feel your daughters kick. I'm getting impatient." Gabriel complains.

"Come on!" Hayley urges when she sees he's still hesitant. Klaus hesitantly reaches out and touches her belly. He stares at her belly in shock and awe when he feels the baby kick. "You feel that?"

They all laugh in joy but suddenly Klaus stands up feeling slightly awkward and nods towards the door. "Right! I'll leave you to your secret letter, then!" And he rushes off.

"It's my turn now?" Gabriel questions Hayley and she nods with a genuine smile. Slowly lifting her feet from his lap he places them on the floor and kneels in-front of her stomach. He places both of his hands on her swollen belly and Hayley watches with adoration and love in her eyes. "Hello, littlest wolf it's you're favorite uncle. I just wanted to tell you once again that I love you and no matter what happens you'll always have uncle Gabriel to protect you." As he places a kiss on her belly he feels a small thump on his face, he blushes in shock.

Hayley throws her head back in laughter. "She returned my kiss." He whispers in shock.

"She kicked you in the face." Hayley attempts to stifle her laughter at the awestruck man.