MR. SLEEPING BEAUTY

[SEASON 2 ; EPISODE 7]

Gabriel lays on his bed in the compound, still asleep like he was when Niklaus had first rescued him. He's breathing heavily, his body covered in a thin layer of sweat. His whole body is tense as though he's overwhelmed with fear. Klaus stands over him, as he talks to him his voice echos through out Gabriels head.

In Gabriels dream, Klaus pulls a sword out of his shoulder but a young Gabriel sprints away before Klaus can catch him.  "I know you are locked in battle, however deep in your mind our mother has set the stage. Hear my voice."

In his sleep Klaus notices him twitching anxiously. "Our mother thinks she will win because she has left you alone, but you are not alone. Let me in. Let me help you like you've been helping me for a millennia." He puts one hand on his head and one hand on his chest, in attempts to gain entry into Gabriels mind. His body only goes rigid as if he's being shocked and he begins to seize. "Let me help end whatever torment she has forced upon you."

Blood starts to drip from Klaus but he starts getting glimpses of Gabriels horrible nightmares. He groans in pain as he tries to break though the barrier on Gabriels mind, but Hayley speeds into the room and rips him away from Gabriel in a panic. "What are you doing?"

Klaus stumbles back and is panting in exhaustion. Wiping the blood from his face he sighs. "I'm trying to enter Gabriel's thoughts to wake him. Esther's locked me out."

Hayley walks closer to Gabriels unmoving body and slightly tilts his neck. "Is this rash a side effect of the witchy acid trip he's on?"

Klaus frowns, not having seen it before and takes a look at the mark. "I haven't seen this since I was a child. Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual, and our mother would use the petals of a rare merlock orchid to put him to sleep. She would mend his mind with a spell, and then wake him with the roots of the same plant. If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the Bayou. You stay here with your wolves and mind the fort." He orders.

Hayley rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "I'd rather rip your mother's head off."

He gives her a serious and firm expression in return. "Stay clear of her. I mean it, Hayley. She already got to you once. What would happen if Gabriel were to wake and find you a victim of her madness? Stay here with Elijah and Gabriel."

Albeit reluctantly she promises. "I won't go after her. I promise."

Klaus studies her face for a few moments to detect any form of her lying and when he doesnt find anything he nods, turning and leaving. Hayley turns back to Gabriel and takes a seat next to his body on the bed. Laying her hand on his cheek, she caresses it with a frown. "I've learned a few things from your mother. I won't go after her. I'll go after everything that she loves. I wont let her get away with hurting you." She whispers tenderly.