4

"Right around here." A man led you between randomly placed cabins.

You were in a large field surrounded by forest as far as the eye could see. There were about twenty small cabins and one much bigger building near the edge of the woods.

It was a nice setting, but you couldn't enjoy it. you dragged your feet, looking at the grass as you treaded onwards, looking up at the occasional sound of kids calling out to erachother.

The man was carrying your suitcase as you walked over the grassy landscape. you looked up, as you passed a clearing, clutching your backpack straps like there was no tomorrow.

Everywhere you looked there was someone staring at you, either from a bench or through their cabin windows.

Some even stopped a game of basketball they were playing to get a glimpse of you.

When you spotted them you turned away. You weren't going near that part of camp any time soon. you blocked out the memories before they became overwhelming.

"Here we are." He said, stopping in front of one of the cabins.

The door was already open, so he carried your bag over the porch and went inside.

It wasn't anything extravagant, a rectangular wooden box, with two windows on each wall and a slanted roof . The porch had a picnic bench next to it and a top to give it some shade. It had a number six right next to the door and what seemed to be hand written names right beneath it.

The man signaled for you to come inside.

You realized you hadn't moved from your spot, a small distance away from the porch ledge. You stared at the steps that led inside.

It took you a moment to take a step forward. The realization of what was happening hit you for the first time, but standing still wouldn't do you any good. It didn't matter that you were uncomfortable, it didn't matter that you were scared, there was no one to run to. No one was there to take you back home. There was no 'back home'. 

Before you went any further you peaked your head inside the door way.

The room you before you wasn't big, but it seemed cozy. There were five doors. One on the wall across from you and two to the right and the left. In the middle of the room was a carpet and in between the two doors on each side were sofas.

The were some posters on the wall and some clothing on the sofas, but you didn't pay attention to much else.

As you were taking it all in, a sound, from your right, made you wince.

"Oh, John, what are you doing here?"

A girl peaked out through the door, directly to your right. She was looking at the man, John, you guessed, as she spoke.

She spotted the suit case and looked around. When she spotted you, you pulled your head back out of the doorway. It was a reflex, you didn't quite understand why you did it.

"Oh, yeah, there's a new kid today, right?" You heard her ask from out of your field of view.

"Yup." John said, looking back at you. "You can come in you know." He waved for you to come back in again.

You stayed put. Your legs refusing to move. Out of nowhere, the head of the girl peaked out from behind the doorway.

"Hey, I'm Julia, but you can call me Lia." She said with a bright smile. You didn't know how to react other than to stumble back a bit. "What's your name?"