9

9

The whistle echoed through out the gym, and with it the world seemed to come to a halt. No one moved a muscle let alone made a sound. You almost thought you heard your classmates breathing from across the gym.

The announcement had come so suddenly, that no one seemed to have processed it yet.

Your gaze stayed fixed upon your teacher. Was he serious?

"Turn around!" Bakugo yelled from beside you, snapping you out of your daze. "I can't fight you if you're turned away, idiot!"

You turned towards him, confused for a moment, your thoughts still fixed on what your teacher had just said.

He was positioned in a fighting stance and looked ready to go. He stared you down, nothing but determination in his gaze. You realized what was happening and automatically raised your fists defensively.

The second you did, the boy lunged at you. He came at you, aiming his hands for your abdomen, probably trying to push you over.

Your brain wasn't completely present, so your body was forced to react before it caught up.

You tried to turn to the side, in an attempt to avoid the attack, but he had apparently already taken that into consideration. His leg was already positioned perfectly, tripping you the moment you turned. You fell straight onto your back, with no time to react.

He then backed away, waiting for you to get back up again, not a bead of sweat on him.

It all happened to fast. You coughed, your breathing uneven. You rolled over, so you were on all four, not quite caught up with what had just happened.

You stared at the ground, trying to comprehend what had just happened in the mere few seconds that had passed. Then it hit you what your teacher had said.

You got back up, a little unsteady, your back sore, and put your fists up again. You had just realized how pathetic that was. He got you down in less than a second.

You looked up at him and he stared back at you, not making another move.

He looked at you, as if waiting. Like he expected you to do something in return.

He was scaping you out. He didn't want a fight where he pushed you to the ground over and over. He wanted resistance, a real fight.

You looked him up and down. He clearly had more muscle mass than you, and you had to admit he was buff, so it was fairly clear that you were at a physical disadvantage.

Before you could finish comprising your thoughts, he seemed to have gotten tired of waiting. He lunged again.

You dodged to the side, making sure to keep both his upper body, as well as his legs in view. He predicted it again and turned, changing the direction of his attack. His right arm rose, indicating at an upper cut.

Your thumb reflexively went for the ring on your left hand, your body screaming for you to use your quirk, but you held it back. During that small delay, his fist reached inches away from your face. All you could do was raise your arm, to avoid breaking your nose, before flying backwards, hitting the floor once again.

Your jaw clapped shut, as you hit the concrete. You looked up disoriented and were met with the blond walking towards you.

"What the hell are you waiting for, huh!?" He yelled, standing over you, staring you down. "Fight!"

He then grabbed you by your jacket collar and lifted you up, like it was nothing.

Once you were on your feet you pushed him away from you and pulled yourself together, putting your hands up again.