12

Pain.

A sense only properly perceived after one has learnt the word.

A sense seen as a natural occurring discomfort until one is told otherwise.

Only does one develop a fear of such when it is no longer seen as natural. A defense mechanism against that which is dangerous. Physical or not.

If it could be described, it would be only by the word indescribable.

How a sense so individual to a person could be recounted was beyond understanding.

Yet people try. And try. And try, and try, over and over. For what is suffering if not acknowledged by others?

For what is pain, if not understood? What is expressing it worth if no one sees?

___

"Ok, but are we talking about more of a stepping on a Lego type of bad or more like..., getting smacked on a sunburn?"

"No, no, more..., " You contemplated. "more like stepping on scolding asphalt while trying to get a bug out of your eye type of stuff."

"Nah. wait what!? Forget the pain where did that scenario come from?" Takumi exclaimed in disbelief, laughing as you both walked along the stretch of road leading to the dorms.

Well walking didn't seem like a right fit. Takumi was on crutches, fumbling with the sticks as if they had a mind of their own, where as you dragged your feet across the dirt ground as if in an attempt to drag half of the sand back to the dorms with you.

"Just seemed about right." You laughed, not quite sure what else could have described it.

"Dang. Now how do you expect me to beat that?" His nose flaring ever so slightly.

"Sounds more like a you problem." You teased, as you shifted your weight to accommodate the pain.

Takumi sighed and rolled his eyes in defeat, to which you simply grinned and continued pushing forwards.

After Mr. Aizawa and Bakugo had left, Takumi took it as the prefect time to start up a conversation, clearly not being able to read the room. At least he had introduced himself this time. Takumi Kenji, you still had to get used to the way names worked around here. He said he was from 2-B, so for a second your thoughts had moved back to a blond laughing maniacally and a ginger holding him back, but you pushed that thought aside.

Aside from that, if you were honest, you were actually quite grateful for the conversation. It's not like you'd have preferred to sit with your thoughts after what ever that was that had happened.

You were now both finally out of the hospital gowns you were given and in some normal clothes that were brought up by our classmates earlier that day. It felt nice being back in one of your shirts, even though you probably wouldn't need one with the bandages covering almost every part of your body, but still nice none the less.

Takumi looked more content as well. Now in a navy green tank with the same training short on as before. His light brown hair was now fully visible after Recovery Girl had removed the bandage that had almost fully covered his head.

The speed of her quirk was truly fascinating.

He had a wavy mess of hair that went down to top of his ears. Apart from the bits and pieces that looked like they'd been seared off, it looked quite ok. You sadly couldn't say the same about the rest of him. Most of his scratched had slowly started to fade, aside from a few deep looking ones, but most of his bruises were still quite prominent. Now visible was a long gash on his upper right arm running down his elbow, it was healing up slowly, but still looked painful to the touch. If that didn't leave a scar, you couldn't imagine what would.