7

7

You flopped, face down, onto your bare mattress.

You sighed out, more than glad to finally have a moment to yourself. Almost no one was in the common room once you'd arrived, so no one stopped you on your way up. To say you were relieved would be an understatement.

An incredibly tall boy, with wing like parts attached to his arms, Shouji, you remembered Mr. Aizawa call him during training, was in the kitchen. Realizing you had no clue where your room was, you'd told him your dorm number and asked him if he knew where it was.

You had asked Shinso earlier, but he didn't know either. He'd been here before so he knew where his dorm was, but other than that, he was practically just as clueless as you.

Shouji was surprisingly nice, considering his intimidating stature and the fact that he had mask on. You'd almost thought he was a gangster, to be honest. You thanked him, then you and Shinso went your separate ways.

It wasn't hard to get to your room after that. The second you'd opened your door, you belly flopped, almost missing the bed and hitting the floor.

You lied there for a good minute, just taking in shaky breaths and trying to comprehend everything that had happened, in the mere hours that had passed since you stepped foot on school grounds.

Your mind was blank, or more like you blocked out all thoughts. To many were running through your head, you couldn't take it. You were to tired for that right now.

After a while of simply lying there, you flipped over onto your back and rubbed your eyes. Only then did you realize they'd were watering.

Your hands were balled up into fists. You hadn't noticed, that you'd been digging your nails into your palms.

You opened them up. They were stiff and your palms hurt. There were nail marks on both your palms, and a few of them showed signs of blood. The red circles from using your quirk, still clearly visible, now even more so. Everything was so pent up, your body didn't know how to react to all the conflicting emotions, and trying to shut them off never worked long term.

You scolded yourself.

What had happened earlier had affected you more than you thought. You'd never regretted asking someone something so much.

You never wanted to feel like that again.

In that moment you'd been genuinely scared, more than you had been in a while. Not scared for yourself, but scared of what you could have done.

If something had happened, you would have never forgiven yourself.

Your eyes wouldn't dry, threatening to overflow.

Memories raced through your mind. The screams of your friends back at camp rang in your ears, making you pull your legs close to you and hold your ears shut. Your hands shaking as they held your head, making you scold yourself even more.

Nothing like that could happen again. You wouldn't let it.

You took your hands away from your ears and rubbed your eyes again, slapping your cheeks a little bit once your eyes had finally dried. You regained your composure, to an extent. Your mind went blank again, at the cost of your face being a little red. 

It helped. Not thinking that is. 

You looked around your room, there were boxes everywhere and your bed was still just a bare mattress. A few had offered to help you set it all up, but you told them it was fine. You wanted your alone time, and, frankly, you didn't really care for all that right now. You grabbed your bag off the floor, where you'd disregarded it when you walked in.