5

"Well, we can't stay here!" Your mom yelled.

It was the middle of the night and you had walked downstairs, because you couldn't sleep. It was the night after your quirk had developed, the events mere hours before still roamed your mind like ghost in a grave yard. Hoping to get some comfort from your parents, you walked towards their bedroom.

As you got closer, you heard muffled arguing and couldn't bring yourself to disturb, so you stood and listened outside the closed door, not wanting to go back upstairs either.

"Then we'll move!" Your dad countered.

"Until someone see's her do that- that thing, and we have to move again?!", Your mom shouted, sounding like she was on the verge of tears "We can't keep moving forever!"

"We'll help her learn to control it!" He didn't sound very convinced, his voice cracking near the end. You'd never heard your dad sound so... hurt.

"Accidents happen!" Your mom exclaimed, now crying as she yelled. "What are you going to do if one day, one of those accidents gets the kids hurt!?"

That made you stumble backwards.

Did they really think you would hurt someone?

You were the cause of this. It was your fault. You wanted to run inside the room, telling them you were sorry, but you were frozen in place.

"We can't simply do nothing!" Your dad yelled."She's our daughter!"

"Is she?!" Your mom yelled back, impulsively. She started balling after that.

You started crying as well.

She didn't mean that. Right?

Your dad didn't answer back. That's when something broke inside.

You slowly made your way back up the stairs, to your room, not remembering why you came down in the first place.

You didn't sleep that night or the night after that, but you didn't tell anyone.

It would just be another inconvenience from you.

5

As you walked back, you looked up at your classmates.

You briefly saw your teacher lift up his device, to show them your results, before quickly turning away.

What ever their reactions were, it would have been torture to have to walk back slowly, after seeing them.

You looked down at your hands. There was a faint red circle on each of your palms, where the metal had come out. As usual, they didn't hurt, but they did itch a bit.

You started to recap the whole course, in your head. The whole thing had went by like in slow motion, so for all you knew, it could have taken you anywhere between two seconds, to an hour, to get across.

As you got closer you started hearing the voices of your classmates, so you decided to finally look up. Many were talking amongst themselves, while a few looked at you with an expression you couldn't quite pinpoint.

You took in a deep breath, before finally, reaching the crowd. Everyone who wasn't already looking at you, was now.

"What was that?!" Sero exclaimed.

You didn't really know how to respond to that, but before you could, Mr. Aizawa lifted up his device, so you could see it.

"Impressive." He said, with the faintest hint of praise in his undertone.