11

His mind seemed to be stuck in a time loop, which wasn't anything new. It just couldn't have been a worse time.

As his vision went red, the familiar feeling of not being able to focus washed over him. The sound of blood rushing to his ears no longer bothered him, his head pounding to the beat of his pulse.

His entire body felt like it had been taken over, leaving his mind as a simple onlooker. His thoughts were scrambled, still, he was aware if everything that was happening. More than he would have liked to be.

Sounds were blurred, along with almost all else. He was aware of his every movement, yet not in control of a single one.

Takumi witnessed the scene in front of him. The way he leaped from building to building, ripping off bits of concrete, anything his hands could get a hold of. He didn't seem to have a goal in mind, just simple ravaging, as usual.

The distant sounds of his classmates yelling were barely distinguishable. He knew they were there, he just couldn't do anything about it. He knew that. It wasn't anything worth getting worked up over, it wouldn't change anything. That was simply how things were. He'd simply wait it out. Yeah, he would just... wait.

His senses started to blur out further, leaving only his thoughts to be heard. The world, now only a far away concept.

It didn't take long before he started to come out of his daze. More like it did, but he never realized it. He'd always learn that his perception of a moment was in fact an eternity, so he always assumed the latter. He assumed his seconds were minutes, and minutes hours.

His vision slowly started to return, still tinted red. Rather than coming back gradually, his ears were hit with an overwhelming amount of sounds at once. His name being continuously called among the sounds of destruction. He knew it was almost over, so he wasn't to concerned at that point.

Takumi felt like he was going to pass out, sending a wave of relief over him. Just as he thought it was over, his senses coming back, knowing they'd disappear just as fast in a moment, a shout caught his last sliver of attention.

"WHAM!"

The shout probably came from a mere few meters away, but to Takumi it sounded miles away. His vision darkening as he saw stone coming towards him through the air.

Without any time or power to react, the impact finally gifted him his long awaited relief.

_____

Your eyes stayed planted on the scene in front of you, maybe slightly longer than you'd wanted. You weren't quite sure how you were to react. You wanted to say something, anything, the boy in front of you clearly expecting something to happen.

The blonds expression was to clouded to be called blank. He simply stared down at your bandaged figure, having had broken eye contact the second it was made. He hadn't looked back up since.

You didn't noticed that he had come out of the doorway, making way for another, more disheveled man to walk through.

Your teacher was led in by Recovery Girl, leaving the infirmary crowded. The gazes of the three, digging into your subconscious, pressuring you to figure out what you should say. Why was Bakugo here? Why did he look so... troubled?

No matter how little you remembered of whatever had happened to you, you knew he has been there when it did. The frustration of you not knowing why clouding your brain further.

You lay there, confused, as your teacher neared your bedside. His neutral look had hints of concern seeping through, as he scanned your current state. Your eyes kept darting between your teacher and the blond in front of the closed door, neither having let out a word.