Infatuation

As the sun rose over the sea the next morning, the birds all seemingly simultaneously started to sing, welcoming the new day in with open arms.
Kageyama's eyes fluttered open, and he turned his head to check the time. 06:03am. He groaned and turned his head back to its original position.

Opening his eyes once more, he expected to see Hinata's face, his mouth open and drool spilling from the corners of his lips. But he was met with an empty bed. He furrowed his brow, wondering where the tiny boy could be. Kageyama thought perhaps he had fell off the bed, and he chuckled quietly to himself at the thought. He rolled over onto his other side, dragging the sheet with him and cocooning himself in it.

That's when he heard gagging. His heart sank and he sat upwards, looking towards the slightly ajar bathroom door. His head then turned to the two single beds opposite him; Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were both still sound asleep...meaning...

Quietly, Kageyama slipped on a pair of socks and tiptoed towards the bathroom, being careful not to disturb Tsukishima ('not that I'm scared of him!' he convinced himself.)

He slowly pulled the door open a little more, and was met with Hinata's skinny body hanging over the open toilet lid. He hadn't realised Kageyama was stood behind him.

Kageyama froze. He didn't really know what to do, but he wanted so bad to comfort him, or at least ask what's wrong. This instead manifested into him poking Hinata in the side, harder than he actually intended to. With a shock, Hinata quickly turned his head and sighed with relief when he was met with Kageyama's eyes.

Honestly, Hinata looked awful. As pale as a sheet but with a slight tint of green, the veins in his forehead were sticking out, and his lips looked extremely dry. 

"God Tobi, don't do tha-" but before he could finish, he clasped a hand over his mouth and turned his head back around to vomit. Somehow he managed to suppress the noise of his vomiting because he didn't want to worry the others. Too late for that though.

"Don't call me that. More to the point, whats wrong with you?" The most Kageyama managed to do was rub his back as he threw up, which actually made Hinata feel much better than he realised.
Hinata stood up straight, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and splashed some cold tap water onto his face.

"I'm actually not sure." He said to Kageyama genuinely, "Perhaps I have food poisoning off that pork thing we had last night? But I actually feel a lot better now."

Kageyama examined his face, and determined that the colour was beginning to spread across his cheeks again.

"A-as long as you're sure. I'm going back to bed now." Kageyama said awkwardly, not looking Hinata in the eyes and spinning quickly on his heels.
Hinata stretched and yawned, replying with, "Yeah, I think I might too."

As they both walked towards the bed, Hinata stumbled a little, Kageyama just managing to catch him.

-

About an hour had past, and Kageyama couldn't sleep. Again.

What was it with him? Why did Hinata have this effect on him?

He looked over at him and noticed that he was shivering slightly in his sleep, and watched as Hinata curled up into a fetal position, trying to contain as much warmth as he could. Kageyama bit the inside of his lip and swallowed.

He shuffled closer to Hinata and pulled him close to his chest. Closing one eye and furrowing his brow, he instantly cringed at his actions. But then he noticed Hinata's shaking stopping slowly, and like penguins who had huddled together in a snow storm for a considerable amount of time and finally reached a comfortable temperature, they both relaxed into each others arms.

Hinata's bare back was pressed against his abdomen, and he started to notice that Hinata actually had lots of ginger freckles tumbling down his shoulders and across his back. Tenderly, he rubbed his thumb on the boys face. He couldn't remember a time that he felt this way with anyone. Slowly, Kageyama's eyelids floated down over his eyes as he inhaled Hinata's scent into his own lungs and held him closer than ever before.

As he did so, a small grin appeared on Hinata's face.