Chapter 8

Standing in the shop, clueless. I didn't know what I felt. Seeing a guy, a stranger. Seeing that blonde girl wrap her around him made me jealous. For what though? I don't know the man standing in front of me.

"Y/n?" He said.

I nodded. He knew my name yet I know nothing about him. I don't know him. Why? There's so many gaps missing. Questions without answers.

"Ron?" I said.

He smiled as if he was glad. I smiled at him. Merlin knows how I was meant to act.

"You remember, you remember me?" He asked.

"Harry told me your name. The night you died" I replied.

The smile faded from his face. I felt bad for him. Was he hoping for something else? He grabbed the hand from the girl next to him and walked up to the counter seeing Fred and George.

I felt so confused. My feelings all over the place. Why was he so happy about me saying his name? What am I meant to remember?

I felt hands grab my waist from behind and I turned to see Hunter. I pushed his hands off me. He looked over and saw Ron standing talking to Fred and George. Ellie had moved away.

"Because he's here?" Hunter asked.

"What? No. Because I'm still mad at you. Who is he anyway?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, you don't remember?" He said.

Hunter smiled to himself as I asked.

"He was just a friend, nothing serious," he said.

I nodded and walked out of the shop with Hunter. I've been mad at him since the battle. But he's been nice to me. He's helped me a lot. I had a complete breakdown not long after moving back home. He helped me through it.

Pansy and I have become closer. She stays a few nights. She's been great. She is not so obsessed with draco. Since then she's been mature. She was a lady.

I still talk to Draco, but he's always distant, like he's hiding something. He's seen me a few times. I don't miss school.

~ Ron's POV ~

Seeing Y/n standing there. She was beautiful, she always has been. I hoped that she would remember me, but then again I don't. If she remembers then, she'll remember it was my fault. I obviated her. It was for the best.

Me laying there that day, hopeless. I couldn't help but let her forget me. If I died and she knew me still, it would be so hard on her. She lost her dad, I couldn't let her lose me too.

As hard as it was saying that word, I knew it would be best. Best for her to forget me, us. She could live a happy life.

But of course, I didn't die. Harry had put a protective spell on us before the battle. It took a while to sink in. Harry thought it didn't work. They left me.

Y/n walked away with Hermione and Harry leaving me with Hunter. I sat up as Hunter helped me. He helped me to Fred, George and Ginny who took me home. I do thank him for that, but seeing him walk out of the shop with Y/n made me angry. After everything he did to her she goes and gets back with him. Of all people.

I felt myself getting angry at the thought. I squeezed my hand into a ball. Fred grabbed my hand which was in the eyesight of him.

"Calm down," he said.

I have no reason to be angry. I told her to move on. Well move on, not go back to her ex. But she looked happy. That's something right?

"I am calm," I said, letting go of my fist.