The Beast. Or...not?

You walked with such ferocity, Elsa had difficulty keeping up with you.

"Y/n!! Y/N, wait!", She pleaded. But your mind was elsewhere.

The doors were opened by the guards to reveal him. Him! Of all people, the one who had to do the most with her death.

"Ah. Y/n. What a joy it is to see you again. You look well.", He spoke.
You realised as he walked in that he no longer wore his scales. He looked normal. Human even. But you didn't care.
As soon as he wanted to shake your hand, you socked him in the jaw.
Everyone was shaken by this, except for Rumplestiltskin himself.
"Completely justified.", He said calmly as he readjusted his jaw.
"Justified? You... I should kill you! Hang you! Decapitate you!!", You yelled.
"I know.", He said calmly whilst looking away.
"I can promise you Rumple, if you are here to threaten me or harm Arendelle, I will-"
"That's not why I am here."
Many emotions filled you as he once again locked eyes with you. Anger. Confusion. Hatred. Sadness. You shook as you stood.
"I'm busy righting wrongs I have done in the past. In an attempt to atone. And to show that I am more than a beast."
"Are you, now? I can't tell. You may have lost the scales but have you given up your magic yet?"
Your words come out almost coated in venom.
"No. And you would be lucky I haven't."
He pulls out a scroll and hands it to you.
"You have lost the title of butcher. I have admitted my crimes against Hamelen and now I am the butcher myself. You are no longer hunted or scorned."
You read the papers carefully. No signs of forgery. An actual seal. And the handwriting of Rumplestiltskin is only found in his autograph.
"This is too good to be true."
"It may be. But I am given a choice. Atone or lose the ones I care about.", He says.
You look back at him.
"And the wish?"
"Hers was already granted. As you have seen on the icy ocean. Yours still stands. Should you need it, call me three times. It simply needs to follow the rules of magic."

You look back at him. Your suspicion just drops. He seems completely truthful.
"What made you change?", You ask.
He smiles. Almost peacefully.
"The one thing that makes or breaks a man. Love."
Your anger flares up for a short moment.
"The love I've lost. The love you took away from me!"
He looks behind you, bows at queen Elsa, then looks back at you.
"Love is found within many things. And it can always emerge once again. I've learned that now. In the hard way."

A moment of silence.
"Well. I will be off. More wrongs to right. I wish you the best. From the bottom of my heart."
And he walks off outside, as you are left with a scroll, many questions and the feeling of closure.

You open the scroll again. Sure enough, it is right there, black on white, that the kingdom of Hamelen has denounced Y/N L/N as the butcher and instead will hold Rumplestiltskin accountable.
A sigh of relief escaped you. You felt a gentle hand placed on your shoulder. You look to your side to find Elsa's kind and warm smile, as she stands next to you.

"I...I genuinely believed I was...I was meant to be hunted.", You mutter.
"Years of...of suffering have ended with this scroll."
She walked you back into the castle. Staying at your side.
"I... I genuinely don't know what to do with my life now. I was intending to see your coronation and then just travel along until I found a place where I was a stranger, so that I could escape this... What do I do now?"

"Perhaps you could stay in the castle with us?", She asks.
"Really? I don't want to be a burden on you guys. I mean, you two are royalty and I'm...well, not."
She just giggled at you.
"It's fine. If the queen offers, then I doubt anyone will tell me not to."
You smiled at her.
"Thanks, Elsa."
Silence befell both of you.
"Oh. We were talking about something before we got interrupted.", You blurt out.
"Right. Yes. About that."
Elsa immediately blushed, one you noticed.
"I wanted to confess that I have missed you." She spoke rather quickly.
You knew these signs. You stopped walking, grabbing onto her hand.
She stopped and turned to you, blushing even harder.
"Elsa. There are many reasons why I came to Arendelle. Your coronation. My old home. The times I've had. But...there's an even greater reason."
You took a step closer towards her.

"I left because I couldn't see you anymore. Because the castle gates remained close and I was shooed away. I left because...I couldn't imagine being here without you."

You tried to find the right words but somehow you got stuck.
And then an idea popped up.
"Truth or dare?"
She was taken aback by your question.
"Truth?"
She asked uncertain.
"Elsa. Do you like me?"
"Ehm...I-I... W-well, I can't say I don't like you."
"Now your turn."
"Truth or dare?", She asked.
"Truth.", You smiled.
"Do you like me?", She asked with a bit of hesitation.
"Elsa. Your sister asked the same of me ages ago. I've been rethinking that question ever since arriving in Arendelle. Anytime I see you, I see an elegant, kind, loving woman. Yes. I like you. A lot."
You offered your kindest smile.
"If you as Queen would have me, that is?"

Within seconds she had jumped into your arms and smashed her lips against yours. It has been a long time since you felt this way again. Loved.

You both kissed and embraced for what seemed to be an eternity, though you are aware it wasn't as long as you've wished.
When you broke the kiss for air, you felt whole. Complete.