Chapter 39 (Edited)

"What if this is some sort of trap?" I asked Mrs. Kathy again while she placed a sky blue bow around my waist. I was wearing a long skirt blue dress, which hid my boots from view. She had placed a white sweater jacket on me, which covered my bare shoulders.

Mrs. Kathy rolled her eyes, probably annoyed with my constant questioning about her son. "He will not," she replied. "He is made for only you." She gave me a knowing look, knowing that I was nervous because of our "past" relationship. "Besides, you said so yourself, people can change."

I nodded my head and sighed. "I know," I muttered, picking at the end of the sleeves, biting my lip. "It's just... this is my first date. I-I even haven't had my first kiss yet." A small blush appeared on my face while I told her that. I hadn't told anyone, not even my used to be best friends knew.

Mrs. Kathy chuckled. "Matt hasn't either, so don't worry about it." She turned me around and looked me up a down, a smile in her dark brown eyes. "Just know that he will take care of you. I know that he had done what he had done to you because he felt like he was betraying his father, since he started to have feelings for you."

I sighed and looked down. "I don't think he is betraying his father," I mumbled. "But, I don't know anything about him." I glanced up through my eyelashes and saw that Mrs. Kathy had a far off look on her face and tears in her eyes.

"He was a good man," she said. "You would have absolutely adored him." A sad smile appeared on her face, and I knew that she missed him very much.

I sighed and placed my hand on her arm, causing her to blink and look at me. My eyes had turned to a lighter blue, which happened when I was either mad or serious. "I will avenge him," I said, my voice hard and leaving no room for argument. "As well as all members of the clans that had lost someone because of the Dark Forces."

Mrs. Kathy placed her hand over mine and nodded her head. "I'll help in any way I can," she promised. She cleared her throat and took her hand off of mine. "Come, Matt is ready to go."

I nodded my head and bit my lip. I was nervous, and I didn't know how to act around him.

"Relax," Mrs. Kathy said, amusement in her voice, surprised that I wasn't my usual self. "Just be yourself. Matt won't hurt you. And if he does, then I'm sure that you can beat his ass."

I looked at her surprised, because I had never heard her cuss before. However, what she had said was right. I would be able to kick his ass if I needed to. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. "A-all right. I'm ready."

Mrs. Kathy nodded her head, and we started to ascend the steps of the basement. She walked behind me, probably making sure that I wouldn't run down like I had wanted to when I walked into the kitchen.

And there, standing at the table with his back to me was Matt and in front of him, sitting at the table was Colt.

I couldn't help but look Matt's back up and down, loving the fact that he had worn a black jacket and pants with black shoes. His blonde hair was combed back, and I disliked it instantly, loving his normal bushy hair.

"What if she doesn't come?" Matt asked, pulling my attention away from looking at him to hearing him. "I mean, I had been rude to her and-" He stopped talking when he saw Colt lifting up in his seat, trying to get a better look at me. Matt turned around, and his eyes went wide. "Martha?" he asked, looking me up and down.

I looked down and fiddled with the sleeves, nodding my head. I knew my hair had curls in it, because that was what Mrs. Kathy had done, even though I hated every minute of it. A small blush crept on my face while Matt walked over to me.