Chapter 18 (Edited)

"Come on, Dad. Please, let me go on this date with him. He is such a good guy, and he loves me," someone said with a huff.

It was Friday evening and there was arguing in the kitchen, which was surprising. I had thought that I was alone, even though I sometimes did go out into the backyard. I was going to get a water when I had heard the voices talking, and I became quite curious on what had happened. "Who's dating who?" I asked, walking into the room. I folded my arms across my chest, glad that my wrist and shoulder were not hurting me anymore.

"It is not important because she isn't going," Dad said. He didn't glance at me but glared at the person who I couldn't see, because his back was in the way. His whole body was stiff, as if he didn't like the person that one of my siblings wanted to date.

I looked to around him to see that it was Julie, my 18 year old sister. A frown appeared on my face, and I raised an eyebrow, curious on who she was wanting to date. Like me, or well, she was like me, but anyways, she didn't want to date anyone just yet. I guess that had changed after she had met this person. "Who do you want to date?"

"Someone you don't know." She glared at me, before looking at our father.

"I'll go with her and make sure nothing happens," I said, turning to him. I had been stuck in the house for a long time. I wanted to get out of here and actually act like a teen once in a while. However, that meant just spent time with friends, and that was it. I wasn't going to act like some teens that gave all of us a bad name.

"No, you are not."

"Dad, I need to get out of the house. I don't want to be stuck in here, like some sort of person that doesn't have a social life."

"You do get out of the house. You go to school and the backyard, every so often. You get plenty of air."

"I mean hanging out, Dad. I am still a teenager, and I just want to act like one." I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. Sure, I didn't have any friends, but that was because of me having a secret and then being rejected by my other friends. I bit back a sigh, while I waited for my father to say something.

Dad mimicked me and folded his arms across his chest. "Oh, so smoking, drinking alcohol, and stealing is what you want to do? That is what teenagers do."

"Hang on while I throw up. Man, Dad, not all teens do that." I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"Well, you won't do it because you won't find anybody that will do that."

I sighed and closed my eyes, rubbing the bridge of my nose. "Julie will be there and she can-" I paused and shuddered, hating the fact that I was going to have to say this- "baby-sit me, and I won't leave her sight."

"What!? Are you crazy?! What do you think my date will say if he finds out that I am baby-sitting my younger sister?"

"Do you want to go or not?" I raised an eyebrow looking at my sister.

She glared at me but sighed. She glanced at our father, raising an eyebrow. "If I take Martha, then can I go, please?"

Dad looked at me, frowning. "What if someone tries to attack you?"

"I'll scream if I am around people, but I'll fight my best if I am all alone. I am not that helpless, and 'sides they don't want to see me get all bloody angry or else they see my bloody foot in full view."

He started to laugh, before he shook his head. "Well, I guess you can go but behave," he said after a few minutes. "Oh, I should not make you mad when we are alone."