Chapter 25 (Edited)

Somebody honked the car horn, making me jump a little in surprise. I had forgotten the first thing about crossing the streets, which was making sure that the way was clear. So, I was in the middle of the road with a car coming at me at probably 35 mph.

I knew that I wouldn't make it across or the person would be able to slow down soon, so I did the only thing that I thought I would be able to do. That was I jumped and tumbled across the hood of the car, while the person was still honking the horn at me.

Quickly, I landed on my feet and darted into the woods, having a small bit of pain in my shoulder from where I had hit the car. I didn't look back, not wanting to see who had almost caused me a death wish.

"Idiot boy!" someone yelled, sounding really angry. "Watch where you are going!"

I couldn't help but flinch when I recognized the voice of Lobo. I hid in some bushes, making sure that they didn't know where I was and looked back to watch as Lobo came out of the car.

The door to the passenger side opened and my heart started to pound faster when I saw that Faolon come out of that side. I felt guilty for leaving like that, and I wanted to go down there towards them. I wanted to ask them for their forgiveness, since I hadn't asked them for me to leave the pack.

However, I knew that if I did show myself, then I wouldn't be able to continue on my journey, since they would probably drag me back.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts from me wanting to go down and then being dragged back into prison, where I wouldn't be happy. I knew that I was still going to be ignored by them, and I wasn't going to have it. My senses had lengthened on their own, while I was thinking.

John walked out of the shop followed Brody. He walked over to them, before glancing around, probably trying to see where I was at.

"Did you see that?" Lobo asked, breaking me from my thoughts. "An idiot ran out in front of my car, and he could've been killed." He growled before looking around, probably trying to see where I was at. "And where is she?"

John raised an eyebrow, and there was a bit of disapproving look on his face. "You do realize that that person was her that you almost ran over, right?" he asked, his voice showing no emotion. "And, I'm sure that she's gone by now. She sensed them."

"So she had gone this far in just a week," Faolon said, his voice soft. "She'll make it to the clan next week."

Lobo growled and looked at Faolon, a hard look in his eyes. If looks could kill, then Faolon would probably be dead. "And why would you let her go on further?" he asked, his voice cold. "You wouldn't let her go to the clan close to our pack."

"Because," John said, looking at Lobo. He folded his arms across his chest and studied the older male. "He didn't think that she was ready to learn. None of us did, except for me, but I didn't stand up for her. She is trying to prove herself to us and probably to herself that she can do this on her own. She'll be back by Christmas, hopefully."

Lobo growled, turning his gaze to my brother. His nostrils flared, while he narrowed his eyes. "I'm going to get her and bring her back. I don't give a damn about what you all think. She should have not left."

"And, she would've been killed sooner, Jeb," John replied. "They are gathering their strengths, and they would've killed her if she didn't leave then. Anyways, she knew that she couldn't stay because of not being helped out from the last headache." He gave him and 'or have you forgotten look', that Lobo ignored.

"But, I will not let my niece walk to some damn clan that has nothing to do with u-"

John snarled and punched him across the face, making the Beta fall down. Anger poured out of him in waves, and I had never seen him this angry. "Don't ever question my judgement again, Jeb," he said, his voice dangerous. "She doesn't know that you are her Uncle, and I am her Protector. Unlike you I have been there since the beginning. Matthew says it's all right, so it is. She needs to do this. It is the only way she would be prepared to take them down."

Woah, woah, woah. Lobo's my uncle? When the hell did that happen? And why was I the last person to know again?

Lobo growled and cupped his cheek, where John had punched him. He stood up, his body shaking from anger and nerves. "I am still your Beta, Boy. You still have to show some respect."

John snorted but didn't say anything to him. He looked at Faolon and sighed sadly, knowing that he was going to have to be the one to bring the bad news. "She'll be back by Christmas," he said. "However, she is going to complete her training with the other clan first."

Faolon sighed and nodded his head, probably feeling guilty and sad about me leaving. "Then, we'll hold fort and wait for her return. I just hope, for her family's sake, she stays safe and out of harms way."

John sighed and looked to where I was at. He knew that I was there, listening to the conversation. "And I hope she comes back for Christmas. It will be different if she wasn't there." The meaning in his voice was clear, he wanted me back for Christmas and not a day late.

After that, I walked towards to my stuff, leaving them talking. I stayed silent, knowing that they might be able to know where I was. I just hoped that they would be too busy with their conversation to know that I was still there.

While I was getting me stuff and starting to leave, I could feel the eyes of a Dark Force my back. I knew that they were planning something, but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting home for Christmas.

If only in my dreams...

________________________________________________

A/N: How many of ya'll thought that Lobo was her uncle. If not, were ya'll surprised? What will happen next?

Anyways, don't forget to vote and/or comment

Thanks,

~Rissa