Chapter 32 (Edited)

The first thing that I noticed when I came through was the pain. It felt as if someone had stuck hot needles into my skin and had kept it there for what seemed ages. Tears pricked my eyes, because I couldn't stand the pain that I was in. It just hurt so much, making me feel as if I was not supposed to be alive, and I was supposed to be dead and buried.

Someone placed a wet washcloth on my head, trying to sooth the pain that I felt. "Shhh," someone said, soothingly. "It's all right. You are safe." There was relief in the person's voice, while the person wiped away the crustiness of sleep, dirt, and whatever else was in my eyes, and it made me think that I had been out for probably a week.

I opened my eyes and glanced around, not able to move my neck or any part of my body because of the pain. I saw that Ms. Kathy was there as well as both of her sons and the mysterious man who had found me.

All of them were looking at me, as if I was some sort of miracle, even though I probably looked like shit. Matt did look as if he was wanting to kill me, probably not liking the fact that I was in fact alive.

I glanced at Ms. Kathy and saw that there was a bandaid over the place that the Dark Force had placed a knife on her. I tensed, hoping that she was alright, and nothing was wrong. "Are you all right?" I croaked out, not caring about my safety but her own.

"No thanks to you," Matt retorted, earning a scowl from his mother. He ignored her and sent me a glare.

Ms. Kathy turned to look at me, a smile on her face. "I should be asking you the same thing. That was some battle that happened between you and the Dark Forces." She glanced at my body, frowning because of all the wounds that I had gotten.

I shrugged my shoulder, trying to hide wince when I moved my shoulder. "I'm used to being hurt," I croaked before coughing. I took some water that she had offered me before I cleared out my throat "That wasn't the first battle I had with the Dark Forces, and I know that it wouldn't be the last."

The older male, whose name that I didn't know, snorted. "And I'm sure that you will be dead before you complete all of your training." He muttered it under his breath, trying to make it so that I wouldn't hear it, even though I did.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed. "I hadn't died yet," I replied, hiding back a smirk when I saw him look at me startled. "I don't know who you are, but I would like it if you didn't think so lowly of me."

"You are the Almair and a Wolf," Matt spat out. He glared at me, his nostrils flaring. "We can think of you as lowly as we want."

I glanced at him, keeping my face blank and emotionless. "Do you even know the pain that I had been through? Do you even know the hardships that I had to face because of who I am? No. Don't judge me. I might be the Almair and a Wolf, but I'm still someone with feelings. I am, also, someone that can put a foot up your a-" I glanced at Carter to see that he was looking at me interested in what I had to say. "-butt in a matter of seconds."

Matt snorted, probably thinking that it wasn't true. "I would like to see you try, Boy," he sneered.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't you know a thing, Stupid?" I asked, causing to Carter to snort. "I'm a girl. The Almair is a female as well as a Wolf. And is that a bet?" A smirk started to dance on my lips, because I was so ready to shove my foot up his butt and make him cry to his mother.

"I say that you will not do that, Mike," Ms. Kathy said with a scowl on her face. She glared at her son, probably trying to shush him. However, it didn't work, because he just glanced at me with mock surprise.

"I thought you said that you were a girl."

"I am."

"Then why do you have a boys name?"

I gave him a look asking if he was stupid. "I don't know," I replied, sarcastically. "Maybe because it is dangerous to be traveling around as a female, teenage female, to be exact. Has that crossed your thick head?"

Matt narrowed his eyes at me. "Oh, so what? You want to show that you are a tough little chick?"

I scoffed. "I'm not little, and I am tough."

"I highly doubt that."

I gave him an 'are you kidding me' look. "I took on two Dark Forces and killed one before I ran and attracted more to come at me. After that, I think I killed the rest, even though I was probably almost dead. You think I'm not tough, then I got news for you. I'm one tough chick, and I will do what is right."

Matt snorted. "I want to see you get out of that bed."

"And kick your ass?" I glanced at Carter, who looked like he was about to bust out laughing. "Excuse my language."

"You are not getting out of this bed. Do you understand me?" There was a glare on Ms. Kathy's face, and I knew that I better abide by her rules. "You will be in bed for two weeks. Those were some nasty cuts. I had to sew most of them, and you lost a lot of blood."

I stared at her shocked. "Two weeks?!" I exclaimed. I couldn't stay in bed that long. I had to get home for Christmas. "But-"

"No buts. Now, what is your name?"

I huffed and pouted, hating the fact that I was being treated like a child, again. "My name is Martha Ann Johnson, and I'm the youngest of eight."

_____________________________________________________________

A/N: Yaaay. xD She is alive.

xD I had fun writing this chapter. Also, I do have a surprise between Matt and Martha. Let's see who can guess it.

Anyways, don't forget to vote/comment

Peace out Fluffy Munchkins

Rissa