Chapter 4 (Edited)

"What is this thing that I am hearing about you disturbing the peace?" a familiar voice yelled at me.

Nothing much had changed. Lobo still yelled at me and frowned. However, we did have our good days, even though it wasn't often. He still thought that he could control me and everything like that. However, he couldn't.

"Hola, to you, too," I said, smiling at Lobo.

"I don't care who this "Hola" person is. Why did you disturb the peace of our forest?!"

I burst out laughing, amused that he didn't know what 'Hola' meant. Hasn't he watched Dora? "Hola isn't a person, Lobo. It means 'Hello' in Spanish," I said, giggling.

"What about disturbing the peace of the forest?"

"Well, me and Jason were being kids and some lady yelled at us."

"Martha, that is not proper grammar," Mom said, coming into the room. She frowned at me before looking at Lobo. "I heard yelling."

"That was him," I said, jabbing a finger at Lobo.

"I'll bite that finger," he growled.

"I bet you could bite it, but you won't."

"Who said that I won't?"

"Well, I say that you won't, because that meant you would have to catch me first."

"What behavior has your mother taught you, Girl? You should show respect and dignity to someone who is more mature than you."

"I taught her just fine, thank you very much," Mom said, glaring at him.

"But-"

She raised a hand, silencing him. "That will be all," she said.

Brody and I looked at each other, grinning.

Power to the Mom, I thought.

"It's not funny," Lobo growled, glaring at me.

"Do you want to know what really happened or not?" I asked, annoyed.

"Without the attitude... yes."

"Then don't give me any attitude," I replied, my eyes narrowing.

"Martha," Mom warned.

"Well Jason and I were running, having a race. And, I was winning, of course, when I heard of a voice said 'Children come here.' So, I went over to where I heard the voice, being respectful and all, and saw that it was a female wolf. She said 'I should've known that the Almair was behind this', glaring at me. I asked her, 'Behind what? All we were doing was having a little fun'. 'Well have fun somewhere else but not here,' she said, rudely. 'Now run along and don't come back. Do you understand me?' My mouth just dropped. She was treating me as if I was a little kid and not a mature teenager. And, I am more mature than most people my age if I am not mad," I said, glaring at Lobo who had his mouth open.

"You know that you will have to repeat that to Faolon and what you didn't say."

"What I didn't say was 'Lady you got some nerves'. What is the problem with that?"

"So? You thought it."

"Don't you think things that you don't want to say out loud?"

"This isn't about me."

"Well, when she puts it that way... she kind of is talking about what you are thinking," John said, coming in.