•feels•

Diamond pov

It was now 2 weeks after the little thing with chris. I got the call that my apartment was ready the next day so i told chris and left so it wouldn't be any more awkward than it already was. now that im back into my apartment and working me and chris have only spoke about things relating to his schedule and upcoming events. Since the oscars were around the corner and chris still hadn't found a tux or prepared himself for the show he asked if i would come with him to find something.

Today i had on a mint blue colored 2 piece skirt set with my white air force's and white purse

" i still dont see why you need my help finding a suit " i said as chris and i walked into a fancy store full of expensive looking suits and dresses

"Because you have an actual sense of style and your help is definitely needed right now " chris said as he walked in behind me holding the door open.

"Welcome ! My name is Rachel ill be helping you both today is there anything specific you two are looking for ?" The lady asked us.

"Oh we're only looking for hi-"

"We'll find you if we need any help, thank you!" Chris said cutting me off.

What was that ? I said to myself... why didnt he let me finish what i was going to say??

"Why did you cut me off like that ?" I asked looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Well.... I um.... I wanted you to actually come here with me so you could find something for yourself too..."

I just stared at chris with a confused look on my face because I genuinely did not understand what he was saying... he brought me to this store not to help him find something but to find ME something?

"What im saying.... Well , asking ... is if you would be my date to the ocsars maybe?? I mean only if you want to , you dont have to say yes right away , I understand if you dont fe-"...

"Chris... you want ME to go to the oscars with you ?" I asked in an even more questionable tone

"Well yea i mean you told me that I should take someone who might ease my conscious and honestly i feel like your the best person for that reason... i dont feel anxious or overwhelmed when your around" he said , I noticed his cheeks turning a light shade of pink so i knew he was a little anxious just asking me.

"Wow uh , yea chris id be honored to go with you but uh i cant afford any of the dresses in this store " i said honestly as we both chuckled looking around

"Dont worry about that"

"Chris, no i-"

He cut my off by just walking away from me over to the men's section of suits and over to a tailor. I guess that was his way of saying " this wasnt up for debate "....

I looked through the racks of dresses that were HELLA expensive. I had no idea as to what i even wanted to wear or the look i wanted to go for since chris is just now bringing this up.
After about 30 minutes chris walked over to me showing me the suit that he made he made his mind up on.

"What do you think ?"

He had on a black suit with white accents and mannnn did it look good on him.... In the back of my head i was thinking that it may not be a good idea to be doing this considering we haven't even talked about what happened after that night out but i wanted to be able to support chris in anyway i mean it was technically my job.... I pushed my thoughts completely away and came back to reality.

"That looks really nice on you" i said as i eyeballed the obviously pricey suit .
"Im suprised you picked it out yourself " i said joking , since chris usually goes for the basic.

"Hahaha" he said sarcastically
"You find something yet? "

"actually now that i see what your wearing i think i did find a dress" i said smirking.

After hours of being in the same store we both finally got what we wanted. Chris didn't see my dress because after i tried it on and got it fitted i had the lady ring it up and bag it before he could see it. We were now on our way to lunch since he insisted on treating me so we were on our way to a cute rooftop restaurant.

"So uh i think there's something we should talk about" he said looking at me with no emotion so I couldn't read him on what he was about to say next.

Shit.....

I picked up my wine glass taking a long sip preparing for what he was about to say...

"Okay im listening " i said looking at my fingers

" that night at the club and what happened after that night-"

I cut him off before he could finish his sentence

"I know and im sorry that was unprofessional and i didnt mean to come on to you like that or make you feel uncomfortable-"

"No no , its okay i was gonna say I really enjoyed seeing you have fun. Your usually all business and working all the time , being able to enjoy a moment like that with you was really nice."

" you staying with me opened my eyes to alot actually" he paused still looking me in my eyes so i knew this was serious...

"Diamond , i wont sugar coat anything with you so i just want you to know that i do like you , alot actually . Your spirit and enthusiasm when it comes to anything you do and how you have a natural nurturing and affectionate heart i mean... that just drew me into you from day one." He said starting to smile slightly to himself.

I was so dumbfounded and my mind was racing like freaking crazy... out of all the people he confesses his feelings about ME ?!
The basic chick from kanas city , works a regular job , not rich. I mean I'm flattered but this is new , I've never even been approached by a white man before! So many thoughts were going on while i was still staring at Chris not being able to get my words out.
He looked slightly upset as i still hadn't responded to what he said. A waitress came up and interrupted us asking us for our orders.

We both ordered and as the waitress walked away I finally let the words come out.

" i really like you too..." i said with a sheepish smile.

We both just smiled at each other as he grabbed my hand.

" so what does that mean now ? You have a crush on your manager?" I said as we both began laughing.

"I dont wanna rush you into anything but i can see us being together seriously in the future. But i wanna take it slow with you , i dont want to mess anything up and i want to do this right...i been thinking on this ever since we had that first conversation about the oscars and how you said i should find a hot date , I figured that the oscars can be our first official date."

At this point I couldn't stop smiling he was really bearing it all and i couldn't believe he was so serious about us possibly being together. regardless of my job title I really did find chris attractive and he was a great person inside and out so there wasn't any reason for me to neglect these feelings even tho i still had lingering thoughts.

"Id like that.. its a date then!" I said now smiling from ear to ear.