Crushed Connections (It Was An Accident)

---A few days later---

Tommy's wound didn't heal the way he hoped it to. The poison hadn't been entirely cleaned out and pain spread across his shoulder and his arm. He ignored it as it got worse, trying to focus on keeping an eye on the prison and keeping Wilbur off his tail.

Dream's voice continued to plague Ranboo's head. He was mocking the enderman hybrid, toying with him. They had been pushed into enderwalk again, and all he could remember about it was a letter. They couldn't trust people, not even himself, but he already knew that.

They had also gotten closer with Wilbur, helping him build a burger van near Las Nevadas. The brunette also encouraged him to set off a piece of tnt in the city and break the windows. He had done it hesitantly, but they still did it.

Tubbo had seen mere passing glances of Schlatt, filling him with unbridled rage. He was pissed that his only way to watch Las Nevadas had been taken down. He was angry at everything.

Ranboo sat down at his broken piano in the mansion. They breathed out, wanting to find peace. His fingers hovered over the keys before beginning to play. If he could find untuned peace before the chaos, they would live in this moment for as long as they could.

The playing went on for a while before the mansion doors swung open. Tommy and Tubbo barreled into the room, play-fighting and arguing. There were no harsh words, just meaningless jabs at each other.

Ranboo stopped his playing, swinging their legs over the bench to look at them. The blonde had Tubbo by his horns while the other had Tommy by the neck of his shirt. They were throwing each other around. The goat boy seemed to do it with such ease, and it allowed him to release some pent up anger.

Of course, releasing those emotions meant he was more susceptible to those same feelings. Ranboo had just stood up and began walking over to them. Tommy had pulled on one of Tubbo's horns again, and this time, his hand wrapped around the wedding ring. He yanked the golden ring off carelessly, not realizing he hadn't grabbed the horn. The ring dropped from his hand, clattering to the floor. He took a step back as Tubbo playfully pushed him. Ranboo opened his mouth to tell Tommy, but it was too late.

There was a sickening snap and crunch as the gold and emerald succumbed to the weight. Everyone stopped, Tubbo wondering what just made that noise. The blonde glanced at his friend's ringless horn and felt his heart stop in his throat. "Did you step on something?" The goat boy asked, trying to move Tommy's foot.

The blonde and the enderman hybrid shared a glance before Tommy swept his foot, sending the ring a few paces back. "Must've been a bug."

Tubbo's eyes caught the emerald glinting in the sunlight that crept through the open doors. He shoved Tommy aside, marching over to the ring. Kneeling down, he examined it, then touched his horn to confirm it.

That was when his tone turned sour. "Tommy!" The blonde boy jumped. "That was my fucking wedding ring you just stepped on, and broke!"

Tommy bristled up quickly at the accusing voice, getting defensive. "I didn't mean to! You think I'd do that shit on purpose?"

"You'd do anything if it meant you got attention!" Tubbo shot back, stomping back over to his friend. His hooves scratched the wooden floor.

"Where the fuck did that come from?"

"I'm not wrong, am I? Ever since you came back, all you've been doing is begging for attention."

Tommy paused for a second before deciding to throw Ranboo under the bus. "Well, if you didn't marry this creepy shit over here, maybe I wouldn't be like this!"