The End Of It All (For Nothing At All)

---As that had happened---

Sam had taken the Ranboo beast on, which left Tommy to swing and jab at Dream. It should've been the other way around. What the hell was Sam thinking? Dream simply dodged away from the attacks, his painted smile mocking the blonde boy. The pain in his arm poked fun at Tommy and how weak he was. He wasn't even using his sword, nor was he saying anything. He didn't need to in order to mock Tommy.

Tommy was getting fed up with the way Dream avoided his attacks. It was like he got stronger in prison. And the blonde knew he had. He let out a war cry, holding the back of his sword handle with his other hand, planning to drive it into Dream's cold, ugly heart.

The masked man snapped his fingers as soon as he read the movement. Ranboo teleported away, leaving Sam with no target, who ended up falling down. He then teleported back in front of Dream, holding a small pink, white, and green thing. It let out a cry, but Tommy's sword was already in motion, too late to stop it.

Tommy thought he had maybe stabbed a pig, or even just Ranboo. His blood ran cold as he looked down. Ranboo was holding Michael, his son. And Tommy had just put a sword through his chest. Michael cried out, but it didn't last long. The small piglin boy went limp in Ranboo's hands and the sword slipped out with a repulsing sound.

Tommy glanced up at Ranboo's face, only focusing on the lower half. The blonde could see tears like a waterfall flowing down his cheeks, one side burning up as they did. He risked a glance up at the hybrid's eyes. They were still purple but wildly different shades. He knew Ranboo was in there, and he had just watched his son be killed by their own hands.

Tommy stumbled backwards, falling flat on the ground. Dream's cackling rang out through the air as the dead corpse of once a lovely child fell to the grass. Tommy hadn't even noticed he had a hand over his mouth until he breathed out, getting warmth back in his face.

Dream's cackling had stopped everyone else. Sapnap had looked up from where he kneeled by Quackity's body, Technoblade had stopped doing tricks with his weapons. Schlatt's eyes dragged from the gambler's dead body to Dream. Sam wandered over to Tommy. George watched with wide eyes what would happen next from the trees.

Foolish and Purpled heard it as they walked back to Las Nevadas. Wilbur and Philza heard it as they landed on the ground. It was the laugh of a mad, mad man who had seen everything go the way he wanted it to. It was the laugh that sent shivers down your spine. It was the laugh of a man who was about to get blown to smithereens.

In that little, cold island off the coast of Snowchester, Tubbo and Jack Manifold stood in front of their designated slots. Tubbo watched the screen carefully. The screen displayed a video feed from a satellite, aimed directly at Dream's mask. The camera didn't pick up anything else surrounding him. That was their mistake.

"This is the last nuke, Tubbo." Jack reminded the goat boy, his metal hand hovering in front of his slot. The activation keycard shimmered in the artificial lights.

"I know. And we use it now or never." Tubbo affirmed. The sun had just began setting, oranges and reds washing over the monitor.

Tubbo sucked in his breath. "On 3."

Jack nodded and they counted up together.

"One." Could Tubbo see a hint of black and white at the corner of the screen?

"Two." He must be seeing things. Again.

"Three." Their activation keycards simultaneously slid into their slots.

Tubbo moved swiftly to hit the red button when it began glowing from the inside.

The robotic voice came through. "Launching nuke."