MR. PUSH AND PULL

[SEASON 2 ; EPISODE 1]

Gabriel was dragged along on a tour of an abandoned foundry with Elijah. He had been writing in his journal for some time before Elijah came into his new room to ask if he'd come with. As. They walk around the building Gabriel keeps his stone face facade up, much like he had been doing since they sent hope away. Since Hayley completely distanced herself from him.

"Authentic cast -iron columns... Look at that, the original Bloomry forge, fueled by a charcoal furnace. The modern elements blend quite nicely, indeed. My foundation has aligned itself with the city's Historical Preservation Society. We have a vested interest in seeing this building protected." Elijah hums.

The Guerrera that had tagged along for the tour, attempting to buy the building from the realtor before Elijah scoffs. "This place is a dump! The Guerrera family would be doing this city a favor."

Gabriel nudges his brother and silently points towards the gold ring with a black stone embedded into it on the mans left hand. "Well, unfortunately, under the Preservation Act of 1966, we cannot allow the Guerreras to demolish one of the city's original foundries... even if it is for something as noble and distinguished as a casino. So, thank you, gentleman. Do give my best to Francesca." Elijah sends the man a fake smile.

Klaus is listening to Mozart in his art from when he tears through his canvas he whips it across the room. Elijah and Gabriel enter the room. "I suppose we shall have to call this your "white period." Elijah jokes.

"I'm missing a crucial color in my palette, that of my enemies' blood." Klaus growls. "It's been months! I've adhered to our plan: sit and do nothing, sell our grief. And now, my child is safely away, and another full moon is upon us another night of pathetic weakness as the moonlight rings steal my strength!"

Both men give him sympathetic looks, knowing how much he had been struggling not being able to do anything. "The nursery is killing me. I need to act. I -I need, I need to spill blood."

Elijah smiles. "Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I've located the last of the twelve rings forged with your blood."

"Then, it's time!" Klaus announces.

"And none too soon. I'm concerned about Hayley." Both Klaus and Gabriel tense up. Klaus returns to his art. "She looks well enough."

"She looks no better than you, brother. Now, if the two of you would treat each other as more than just... passing acquaintances-" Elijah suggests but Klaus cuts him off. "She has Gabriel for that."

Both brothers look up when Gabriel hastily exits the room. "Sadly, like the father of her child, she prefers to fight her demons alone."

"The wolves have the numbers. Back in 1925, the Guerrera pack was maybe a hundred. We went guerrilla warfare on their asses and wiped them out over a four day fight. But, we're not just talking about Guerreras now. They've had wolves coming in from packs all over." Marcel informs the two men as they sit in his loft.