Chapter 5: The Announcement

Alberto and Amber hang out at the Looney Park gazebo as they finished eating ice cream. "And then you saw me and your like, 'Woohoo!'" Alberto told Amber. Amber laughed as they continued to chat and she paused. "Hey what's wrong? Everything ok?" Alberto asked his girlfriend. "Yeah I guess," Amber shrugged. "Hey look at me, remember what I've told you," Alberto said as Amber looked at him. "Remember, Silenzio Bruno," he said as Amber nodded. He kissed her forehead as they hugged each other close. Suddenly Alberto took Amber's hand and spun her around. "Hey," he said as Amber smiled at him. He started to sing:

Alberto:
Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine
And let the music be your guide

Amber:
Won't you promise me
(Now won't you promise me
That you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing
(To keep dancing)
Wherever we go next

Amber and Alberto:
It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million
The chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance
(Can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

Amber:
Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all
And you can't keep us apart
(Even a thousand miles,
Can't keep us apart)
'Cause my heart is
(Cause my heart is)
Wherever you are

Alberto and Amber:
It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million
The chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance
(Can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance
Both:
Oh no mountains too high enough
Oceans too wide
'Cause together or not
Our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe
That we were meant to be
It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million
The chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together
We just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance
(Can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

They stopped dancing as Alberto placed a hand on Amber's cheek. "You good?" he asked her and she nodded as they hugged it out. "Duck!" James said as a soccer ball hurled toward Amber and Alberto. They ducked as the ball was popped by a car that passed by. "Aw man, that was our only ball," Roo said. "Don't worry, we'll fix it," Maddy said. Suddenly everyone started running toward the Looney Park stage. Zeke took Maddy by the hand and everyone else followed. "What's going on?" James asked Sofia as they were running. "It's some sort of big announcement for all toons. The news is even here," Sofia said as the group ran toward the stage. "Wow, I wonder what's going on," Alberto said as he and Amber walked toward a town with TV's in the store. "Hi I'm Kent Brockman and I'm here with entertainment news," said Kent talking to the camera. Alberto and Amber headed to the stage but couldn't see what was going on. Alberto could see so he had a good vantage point. Amber asked a long haired brown dachshund down below what was going on. "Sounds like there's a competition going on. How exciting!" said the dog. "Oh god, not him," Alberto said as he stared someone down on the stage. Amber peeked through and noticed Tom on there. He looked upset. Some other toons were with him but she couldn't make out who. "Greetings lovely people! It is I, Darla Dimple!" Sofia and her friends arrived by Amber and Alberto. "Oh no, not her again," Jake rolled his eyes. "Oh no! Not Ercole!" Luca said pointing Ercole out. "That's weird, why are they all together?" Sofia asked. "Who knows," Alberto butted in. "I have a grand announcement to make for all of you toons out there! Sadly, my cousin's hotel is in need of some finances and she desperately needs help. So in honor of helping her, I am putting together a singing competition! Whoever wins, will get a grand prize and half the money will go to my cousin's hotel! All toons can sign up! So don't be late and sign up today!" Darla squealed out loud as cameras were flashing in front of her. Amber still looked at Tom and wondered why he was upset and dressed so weird like a bodyguard as did Ercole. "There you have it folks! All toons sign up today and auditions will start next week! See ya then!" Kent Brockman said as the camera cut off. "A singing competition? What's that?" Luca asked. "It's a show where you compete to sing basically," Giulia told him. "Where's half of our group?" Roo asked. Just then Applebloom came rushing to Roo's side. "Come on Roo! Wouldn't it be fun?!" Applebloom said. "Sure Applebloom I'll do it with you," Roo said as they ran over to sign up. Most toons at the park were signing up by now. "Aren't you gonna sign up Amber? You're a good singer," James asked. "Well I don't know..." Amber said cautiously. "Come on Amber, please? Jake and I signed up, even though he regrets it a bit," Sofia said. "Sure, okay," Amber shrugged as she headed up to the stage. Alberto just stood there. "Alberto, aren't you coming?" Amber said. "You go on, I'm fine," Alberto said. Amber walked up to her boyfriend. "Look at me, silenzio bruno," Amber said as Alberto gave her a flirty smirk. Alberto and Amber walked up arm in arm to the front of the stage. "Sign us up!" Alberto said. "With pleasure," Darla said sweetly, signing them up. Both Ercole and Tom stared at them while signing. Alberto gulped as Amber held his hand tightly. "There you go! Auditions start next week!" Darla said giving them sheets of paper. "Um thanks," Alberto said and they left to their friends. "I can't believe were gonna be on a singing competition!" Sofia said hugging Jake. "Whatever makes you happy makes me happy! Unless Darla doesn't have something up her sleeve," Jake said and mumbled. "Oh this is great we all signed up!" Maddy said. "Looks like the sun is setting so we all better head home," Chernabella said. "Bye!"everybody said as they all waved goodbye. Amber looked at Alberto who looked sad. "Hey what's up?" Amber asked him. "Ah it's nothing. Don't worry about it," Alberto said kissing Amber's cheek. "Text me later, ok?" he told Amber. "Sure!" Amber said and waved him goodbye as Amber and her siblings flew off on the carriage.