Chapter 8: Auditions

Darla was waiting for Ercole and Tom to show up. "Ugh! Where are they?! I told them to be here before anybody shows up to the auditions," Darla growled. Ercole showed up but not Tom. "Whiskers, where is three eyes?" Darla demanded. "Loser loses! If he can't show up on time he can't show up at all!" Ercole said. Just then Tom showed up. "Sorry I'm late. I ran into someone who says he might know you," Tom said. Darla turned around and looked up. She saw Hades standing right in front of her. "Hey Dimple, long time no see!" Hades chuckled as Darla facepalmed. "You know this guy?!" Ercole said. "Isn't he a criminal?" Tom asked. "How did he escape?!" Tom wondered. Hades turned around and was angry. "Keep your mouth shut twerp!" Hades yelled. Darla suddenly had an idea and grew mischievous. "Say Hades, why don't you help us out a little, amigo to amigo?" Darla grinned. Hades got distracted to see a beautiful lady walk by. She was a reporter for the Tooniverse Times and her name was Eris. Eris used to cause chaos but now changed and is now a reporter. "Ahem!" Darla snapped her finger in front of Hades face. "Are you listening?!" she asked Hades. "Oh yeah, I'll help ya no problem!" Hades said. "Good cause we need all the help we can get," Darla grinned. LeFou opened the door to where everyone was standing which was in the auditorium. "Ms. Dimple! Come quick! You have to see this!" LeFou said as he and the rest of the crew looked out the window. A whole line of toons formed outside the auditorium. Out among toons were Amber, Alberto, and their friends. "This is going to be great!" Darla squealed as the crew walked to the double doors to let everyone in. The news showed up and asked Darla lots of questions. "Please please! One at a time!" Darla happily grinned to the news reporters who were flashing cameras in her face.

Alberto looked at the crowd. "Gosh, there sure are lots of toons here," he told Amber. "I agree," Amber said. Amber spotted Tom and she blushed a little. Meanwhile as Darla was taking pictures, Hades was stopped by Eris. She tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me, are you Hades?" Eris asked. Hades was shocked. "You know me?" Hades wondered. "Yes, you're like the best and worst villain ever! Well...in my opinion," Eris said. Hades cleared his throat and held out his hand. "Hades, Lord of the Dead!" Hades said as Eris shook his hand. "I'm Eris. I used to be a god and cause chaos myself, but look where I am now," Eris chuckled. "So do you still like to cause chaos in this world?" Hades asked. "Of course! It's a side job," she winked. Hades liked her way of thinking. "Anyways, would you mind telling me about this whole singing competition which is what my whole report is about?" Eris asked. "I would sweetheart but I got other business to attend to. Maybe another time," Hades said, winking at her. Eris smiled. Hades was leaving when Eris stopped him. "Oh before you go, here's my number and Tweety handle name. I'll see you around," Eris said as she walked away. Hades was in love. "HADES!!! We start in five minutes!!! Hurry up!!!" Darla called out and Hades rushed to her.

The auditions were starting and everyone sang songs. Alberto and Amber sat in the audience with Amber, waiting for their turn to sing. Alberto's palms were sweaty cause he was so nervous about his singing. Amber went over the songs they were auditioning for before hand and Alberto agreed with the song choices for now. After Luca and Giulia sang their song, it was Amber and Alberto's turn. Alberto gulped. He waited backstage with Amber when LeFou came over to them. They were about to go on stage when Lefou stopped them. "I'm sorry Princess Amber but you two must sing separately. Darla recommends it," LeFou said. Amber looked at Alberto as Alberto smiled at her. "Good luck at there," Alberto said and kissed Amber's cheek. "Thanks you too," Amber told him. Amber went up to the stage and started singing Soon from the movie Thumbelina. She saw Tom as one of the judges. He looked concerned but Amber didn't bother him. She sang:

I know there's someone somewhere
Someone who's sure to find me soon
After the rain goes there are rainbows
I'll find my rainbow soon
Soon it won't be just pretend
Soon a happy ending
Love, can you hear me
If you're near me
Sing your song
Sure and strong
And soon

Everyone backstage clapped including Alberto who whistled appreciation for Amber. Amber bowed and saw Tom in awe. She left the stage and hugged Alberto. "Great job Amber! That was awesome!" Alberto told her. "Thanks!" Amber grinned. "Next up is Alberto Scorfano," said LeFou. "Good luck Alberto! The rest of the group and I are going to a restaurant to celebrate. We'll see you there," Amber said. Alberto nodded as Amber kisses him goodbye. Alberto walked up on the stage and saw Tom, Ercole, and Darla sitting at the judging table. He gulped. He sang Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid. But when he sang, it was way off key. After he finished, the song there was silence. Ercole bursted out laughing. "You call that a song?!? Hahahahaha!!!" Ercole belly laughed. Alberto grew furious but that's when he heard clapping...from Darla. "Bravo! Bravo indeed!" Darla smiled. Ercole was shocked. "Whaaaaat?!" Ercole said. "What's your name, young man?" Darla asked Alberto. "It's Alberto," Alberto chuckled nervously. "Alfonso! Great name! We'll call you back with the callbacks as soon as possible," Darla grinned with her teeth. "Okay thanks," Alberto said.
Alberto packed up his stuff. He was about to leave when Darla stopped him. "Hello Alfonso!" Darla said. "It's Alberto," he said. "Whatever! I just wanted to tell you I thought you did amazing with your singing today," Darla told him. "Oh thanks," Alberto said. "But we got to practice on some of those notes," Darla said as Alberto frowned. "Say why don't you come to my place and I can teach you to sing better!" Darla smiled. Alberto rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know. I have a girlfriend who needs me so..." Alberto told her. "No no! I insist! We can practice every night before the competition starts! Whatcha say? You wanna join me?" Darla cooed. Suddenly Alberto felt weird and fuzzy inside. "You know what? I wouldn't mind. Amber has better things to do anyways," Alberto smiled. Alberto's phone buzzed. "I gotta go. See ya Darla!" Alberto smiled. "Remember Alfonso, this is between us!" Darla called out as Alberto did a thumbs up to her and waved goodbye. When Alberto left, Darla turned around and saw Tom and Ercole standing behind her. "You're letting sing song boy get away! We could've had him!" Ercole yelled. "Not yet Whiskers! I have another plan," Darla grinned evilly. Darla showed the necklace she was wearing. It was a gold heart necklace with a pink heart diamond inside the gold heart pendant. "This necklace was given to me by my mother before she died. It holds a piece of a special pink love diamond that grants you the power to make every man and boy fall in love with you in the whole Tooniverse. Our mission will be able to retrieve the pink hearted diamond and put the missing piece which I have back in it's place," Darla exclaimed. "And where can we find this heart shaped diamond?" Tom asked. Darla grinned, "Tonight we will go to The Totally Tooniversity Museum and get that diamond or my name isn't Darla Dimple!" Darla laughed evilly.