Chapter 14: Rewrite the Stars

Alberto just got back to the house and crawled into bed just as the sun came up. Before he went to bed, he doodled in his diary about him and Darla. The sun rose high as morning came and Alberto was crashed out on his bed as he woke up to a knock at his door. "Morning!" Giulia and Luca said in unison to Alberto as Alberto shot up in bed. "Ms Rabbit and her family brought carrot noodle soup for us! Come and join!" Giulia told Alberto. "Sounds delicious!" Alberto said as he ran to go find Luca. As Alberto left, Giulia spotted Alberto's diary. She quietly picked it up and looked through it. She saw on the mushy gushy stuff about Amber but something caught her eye. As she peeked at the page, she spotted a part of a heart shape and the letter D. "Giulia hurry up!" Luca called out. "Coming!" Giulia said as she thought nothing of the diary, put it back in its place, and went to go eat.

Amber was quietly sneaking out the door as Sofia and Sofia's friend Lorelai spotted her. "Amber? Where are you going?" Sofia asked. "Sofia! Oh I'm just running a few errands. I won't be long, I promise," Amber said. But before Sofia could say anything else, Amber left. "What's wrong with Amber?" Lorelai asked Sofia. "I'm not sure. She has been acting strange lately," Sofia told her friend. "I'll go talk to James," Sofia told Lorelai. Sofia walked into James room as Jake, Santiago, Tomas, and James were playing a video game. "Knock knock," Sofia said. Jame turned around and saw her. "Can I talk to you?" Sofia whispered. "Sure," James said. He closed the door and walked over. "What's up?" James asked. "I'm worried about Amber. She has been acting really strange," Sofia told him. "It's just Amber being Amber. She'll grow out of it," James said. "Wish I knew," Sofia murmured. "Huh?" James wondered. "Nothing. You can go back to playing your game," Sofia said as James shrugged and walked off. Sofia walked down the hallway and into her room. She sighed as she looked at a picture of her and Amber together. "This doesn't make sense. Amber used to tell me everything and now she is hiding it from me and Alberto. But why? Oh if only I knew," Sofia sighed. Just then her amulet started glowing. "Oh! My amulet!" Sofia said as she put her amulet back on. Suddenly Chernabella appeared behind her. "Sofia," Chernabella said as Sofia turned around to see the demon princess/Princess of The Hundred Acre Wood (You'll see why in another story). "Oh Chernabella! I could really use your help," Sofia said. "I see. Amber is not telling you why she is acting strange?" Chernabella asked as Sofia nodded. "Yeah my dad was the same way. He would always keep secrets from me and my brother," Chernabella said. "What should I do?" Sofia asked. "Hmmmmm..."Chernabella thought. "Why don't you try looking for clues? Instead of just pondering about what you should do, being a detective can help! Don't go to deep though or you might cause trouble," Bella said. Sofia felt relieved. "Thanks Chernabella," as Sofia gave her a hug and Chernabella disappeared into thin air. Sofia stopped and thought for a minute. Suddenly Sofia smelled perfume coming from Amber's room. As Sofia came Amber's bedroom door, she stepped on something. It looked like a picture of someone. Sofia picked it up and gasped.

Amber was walking to the gazebo her and Tom were supposed to meet at. She saw Tom waiting for her and she walked to him. "You made it!" Tom said as Amber nodded. They chatted for a while. "Oh that reminds me, we should practice for the competition," Tom said. "Oh right," Amber said. "Mi lady?" Tom bowed as Amber took his hand and pulled her in close. They both blushed as they started to sing:

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep sayin' our hands are tied
You claim it's not in the cards
And fate is pullin' you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?
What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight
You think it's easy
You think I don't wanna run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why because we're able to be
Just you and me within these walls
But when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see
That it was hopeless after all
No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight
All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you
It feels impossible
It's not impossible
Is it impossible?
Say that it's possible
How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
'Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours
You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
But I can't have you
We're bound to break and my hands are tied

They looked at each other about to kiss when someone saw them.

Alberto grabbed to get some ice cream to get his mind off of things. As he was walking by, he could see his friend Zeke teaching Maddy how to skateboard at the skate park. He sat down at a bench and noticed singing coming from behind him. Before he turned around, his phone dinged. He looked at his phone and noticed a text thread. He read it and grew furious.

He tracked Amber on his phone and when he found her he was heartbroken. "Amber?" Alberto said as his ice cream dropped to the ground. Amber saw him and was embarrassed. Alberto grew furious and walked up to Tom, grabbing him by the shirt collar. "You idiot! I knew you were trouble! Trying to steal my girl, you punk!" Alberto was about to punch him when Amber stopped Alberto. Alberto turned around and faced Amber. "Why would you do this to me? I thought you were the one," Alberto shook. Just then, Amber spotted a piece of paper in Alberto's pocket. She snatched it out of his pocket and read it. It said Darla + Alberto forever. Amber started to tear up. "You! How could you?!" Amber said. "I don't know, ok?! I had this weird feeling for Darla and then..." Alberto started saying. "Get out," Amber said under her breath. Alberto heard this, grew furious, and stormed away. Tom felt bad for Amber and put his hand on her shoulder as Amber pushed it off. She walked back to her ToonBnB castle where her siblings and friends were staying. Tom felt horrible. He stood in the gazebo alone as it started to rain.