Chapter 17: Tom Apologizes

It was about 5 minutes till showtime. Jake, James, and Santiago were getting waiting for their turn in their dressing room. "Has anyone seen Sofia?" James asked. "No why?" Santiago asked. "It's almost time for the competition and I can't find her," James said. "I'm worried too. Let's go look for her," Jake said as the boys headed out.

Meanwhile, Tom knew this was the right time to tell Amber what was going on. While Darla was giving an introduction on stage, Tom sneaked out without Ercole noticing. He walked to find the janitors closet. He bumped into someone and said, "Sorry about that." To his surprise, it was James, Jake, and Santiago. The boys gasped as Jake got out his sword, pointing it at Tom. "Woah woah! I can explain!" Tom said. "You have had enough to explain," Jake told Tom. "Hear me out ok?! Amber is in danger! Darla has an evil plan!" Tom said. "How can we trust you?!" Santiago said. Just then a small cry came from a closet next to them. Jake recognized who it was. "Sofia?" Jake asked as he peeked through the door lock. "Jake! Please get me out!" Sofia said. "I can help! You gotta trust me," Tom said doing puppy dog eyes. "Oh fine," Jake said as Tom gave him a hug. "How do we get her out? There's no key," James said. "Ahem," Tom said as he pulled out the key and unlocked the door. Sofia launched out at Jake to give him a hug. "Sofia! You're back!" Jake said as Jake hugged her back. "Better get on stage quick! You and Jake are up," James told Sofia. Sofia saw Tom and she was confused as she walked with Jake. "What is he doing with you guys?" Sofia asked Jake. "I'll explain later," Jake said as him and Sofia went onstage. "Bonnie and I are after Jake and Sofia," Santiago said. "Me and Sofia's friend Jade are after you," James told Santiago. They looked at Tom. "You guys go ahead. I'll go warn Amber," Tom said. The boys parted ways.

Tom stood at Amber's dressing room door and knocked on it. No reply. He tried again. "Sofia, I told you to...Tom?" Amber opened the door as she saw Tom standing there. "Amber, I need to talk to you," Tom said as Amber let him in. "What do you want?" Amber huffed. "Look Amber, I don't love you. I was faking it the whole time cause I didn't want Darla to throw me off a cliff. Alberto really loves you and he's the right one for you. So what I'm trying to say is...I'm really sorry," Tom sighed. "But why are you apologizing?" Amber asked. "That's the other part. Darla has an evil plan to take over the Tooniverse and we gotta stop her before it's too late. She has Alberto under a love spell. That's why Alberto keeps avoiding you!" Tom explained. Amber came to realize what was going on. "So...Alberto still loves me?" Amber asked as Tom nodded. Amber grew happy. "I have a plan to stop Darla but we need all the help we can get," Tom said. Just then Hades showed up. "You can count on me to help you out! If Darla puts a spell on us guys, then payback will be served!" Hades said as Amber and Tom smiled. "Now introducing Tom Lucitor and Princess Amber of Enchancia!" said the MC. "Oh no! What do we do?" Amber said. "Leave it to me, I can handle Darla and Ercole," Hades said as Tom thanked him. Amber and Tom got on stage and they started to sing Right Here, Right Now from High School Musical.

   Hades walked backstage and looked around for signs of Darla and Ercole. "Mr. Lord of the UnderWorld!" Ercole called out to Hades. Hades turned around and spotted Ercole. "You and your friends will never win!" Ercole said. Hades begged to disagree. "Ooo sorry to say but something smells awfully burnt," Hades teased. "What are you talking about?!" Ercole said and he realized his butt was on fire. He screamed and ran like a maniac as he found a bucket of water and relived himself. Hades escaped to find The Diamond of Love and return it to its rightful place.