New Friends

Cora meets new friends while Trollex is stuck at home!

--------------------------------------------

Cora sighed. "This is so boring without him around..." She mumbled, swimming around with nothing to do. She was bored out of her mind and since she couldn't visit Trollex, at the exception of school and during the night, Cora didn't know what else she could do.

She was swimming in circles for a while, until another little guppy her age snapped her out of her thoughts.

"U-um..." They said, unsure. "E-excuse me..?" Cora turned to face them. Seeing that they were a boy, she got a bit curious. "What does he want?" She thought. He was an orange Techno Troll, with hair gradient from mango to yellow, yellow eyes, teeth and heart. His arms didn't have any patterns on them. "Yes..?" Cora asked, a bit nervous.

"M-my name is B-Beachy a-and i wanted t-to know... W-would you l-like to join our g-game?" Beachy said, pointing to his friends playing a game of who could make the biggest bubble. There was a green boy, an aqua girl and a yellow girl.

Cora was still nervous, but decided to give it a try. "Trollex did say to face my fears..." She thought. "Um, sure!" She replied, following Beachy to the others. "Maybe they will accept me like Trollex did! Maybe... They could be great friends!" She thought.

"Come on, Flow! I know you can do better than that!" The yellow girl almost shouted. She had orange hair, green eyes, eyelashes, teeth, heart and end of fins. And her arms had a green and orange pattern. The other girl that she called "Flow" was the Aqua techno troll with hair that gradient from blue to purple, with purple eyes, eyelashes and teeth and she also had a green heart with no pattern on her arms.

Flow was trying to make the biggest bubble she could make, without popping it. But after three more tries, she gave up. "It's no use, Shell... I can't beat Dylan..." She said, pouting with her arms crossed. Dylan, the green techno troll beside Flow, sighed. His hair gradient from green to yellow and he had yellow eyes, teeth and heart with no patterns on his arms.

"Oh please, you're underestimating yourself." He said, rolling his eyes.

Then, Beachy got their attention. "H-hey guys! I-I brought a-a new friend!" He said, smiling and turning to Cora. The yellow girl, named Shell as Cora heard, was the first to speak.

"HELLO!!! My name is Seashell! It's really nice to meet you! This is Ocean Flow," She said, pointing to the Aqua girl. "This is Dylan," Pointing to the Green boy. "And this is Beachy! But i'm sure you already knew his name!" She added.

"O-oh yeah! We're all on the same class, right?" Cora asked, shaking a bit. "Yup, my mom is the teacher." Flow replied, smiling. "Oh, that's right. By the way, my name is Coralie, but you can call me Cora!" Cora smiled to them, happy to have met new friends.

***

The five guppies laughed and played for a while, until they decided to just sit down and talk. They talked about their parents, their family activities until they ended up asking random questions about themselves. They all learned that Cora was born with those pale colors, Flow had a pet turtle, Shell had a crush on someone but did not want to say who, Dylan struggled with math and Beachy had problems with his stuttering. Then, Flow had another random question.

"What's the prince like?" She asked curious.

"What do you mean?" Cora asked, unsure.

"I mean, is he nice, is he bad? I heard he did a lot of bad things, so..." Flow said, not wanting to cause any arguments.

"Oh.. Well, he's really nice, smart, strong, talented-" Shell cut her off, a smile on her face. "You're in love with him aren't ya?" She asked, with a grin.

Cora blushed and nodded. Making both girls squeal of joy and both guys covering their ears. "That's adorable!" Flow said. "So, he's not bad?" She asked.

"No, he's just curious and likes to explore outside the Reef... Which is dangerous..." Cora said. "He loves to learn new things. But his judgment can be bad at times, like the last time we went out..." Cora added.

"Ok! Can't wait to meet him! He sound so nice!!" Shell said, excited. "Y-y-yea-ah, he s-s-sou-unds li-i-ke a nice g-guy!" Beachy said.

"Alright, so.. What's your favorite meal?" Flow asked, changing the subject and Dylan was the one to reply first.

"I love the seaweed crackers my mom makes! They're just so sweet and salty at the same time! The mixed flavor is the best!!" He said, almost licking his lips.

"Oh! I-i like sea g-grapes cake!" Beachy said. "Oohh! Me too!" Shell agreed.

"For me it's seaweed soup! My mom always add a bit of crab meat into it." Cora said, getting hungry.

"Really? I always liked crab, but not with seaweed..." Flow replied. "Really? Then what do you like?" Cora asked. "Squid!" Flow answered.

"Oof.. All this talk of food made me hungry..." Dylan said. "What do you say we go grab something to eat?" He asked, and the others all agreed.

***

After eating their snacks, the little guppies decided to see each other again every day, and Cora's new friends were all impatient to meet the prince. If Cora was a good friend of his, maybe he could be a good friend of theirs as well.

And Cora couldn't wait to tell him about them. She only hopped he wouldn't get jealous about it....