Forgivness #2

Cora was having some troubles. She knew Trollex was not the kind of Troll to lead his brother in danger on purpose. But she also knew that sometimes, you never truly know someone only by hanging out with them for years. Her parents were arguing almost day and night about this and the little guppy couldn't take much more of it. It had only been a week, but she needed to see him. She wanted to see with her own eyes how the prince was dealing with all of this. If he truly did lead his brother in danger on purpose, then he shouldn't feel guilty about it. And if he didn't do it on purpose, like she thought, then he should feel terrible.

So, one evening, while her father was out of the house, Cora told her mother that she would sneak in the castle to see Trollex and to her surprise, her mother smiled and agreed. So when her father thought she was asleep, she left her room by her window to go see Trollex. With her mother making sure her father wouldn't find out, she wasn't stressed about being out so late.

When she arrived in front of the castle, she went directly to the prince's window and entered his room. And what she saw devastated her. He was lying on his left side, his blanket just under his shoulder, with an expression of guilt and regret. He had bags under his eyes and he looked like he hadn't been eating for days. At that moment, she was crushed to see him like this, but also relieved. She went to him, trying to make him look at her, but he seemed to not be able to hear or see her. And when she saw his heart, she panicked and left instantly. She went back home and cried herself to sleep.

The next day, she told everything to her mother, who told her to go back and try to help him the following night. And Cora agreed. She had forgiven him as soon she saw in what state he was in. And she tried to help him every night after that. Three weeks passed to no avail, however, that was until she saw him sleeping beside his brother, his heart back to its normal bright pink. She smiled and laid down next to him, falling asleep as well.

The next morning, Thrill didn't say a thing about her being there as he came in the room to wake the children up. Instead, he simply greeted her like she had been in a sleepover at their castle the day before.

Although, Trollex was still ashamed and tried to apologize to her when his father and Synth left the room, only to receive a slap behind his head. "Why did you do that for...?" Trollex whined. "Because," She said. "It was an accident! You couldn't know there was a predator there." With a smile she hugged him, making him cry again in her arms as he hugged her back. "And now you know that you should listen to your father more." She added, now crying in his arms as well.