Forgivness

Picture made by me!!

--------------------------------------------

It had been a week since Synth's accident. The little guppy was free to move around the Reef again, but he was now prohibited from going anywhere near the clearing. Or anywhere that didn't have many Techno Trolls around. He was supposed to be grounded, but Thrill thought that after what happened, Synth had been punished enough...

The little Prince could not say the same for his older brother though. The futur King was confined to his room for the next month, and could only leave the room if it was important (and for meals and other needs like that). And Synth felt bad for him. Even Beat was not allowed to see him. So Synth and Beat were spending all their time together.

And as a second week passed, King Thrill and Queen Alannah were getting worried. They both noticed that Trollex wasn't eating much, was always tired and slowly stopped coming out of his room. Synth got worried as well, but every time he tried to go and see Trollex, his parents would tell him not to. And no matter what Thrill and Alannah said or did, Trollex would not respond or move from his position at all.

Truth was, that Trollex felt so awful about what happened that he refused to do anything else than think about how bad of a brother and stupid he had been, not only to Synth, but to Bliss as well. Not to mention how bad of a friend he had been to Cora....

He was so focused on his thoughts that he failed to notice how tired and hungry he was. Of course, eventually he would sleep and eat a bit, but not for long and not that much (Like he would sleep for an hour or two and eat one or three bites of food and that would be it). So lost in thoughts that he couldn't hear his own parents trying to snap him out of it. It got so bad, to the point where Trollex thought everything was his fault. He even started to think that Cora would be better off without him. He was unhappy...

Unhappy with himself...

And, without him noticing, his bright pink heart faded to a grey-ish pink. His emotions were almost gone, and even though his other colors remained, he couldn't feel anything anymore.

Anything but remorse and guilt.

***
A week later...

It was late in the evening and King Thrill couldn't sleep. After another week of seeing his eldest son so miserable, the whole situation was making his heart ache. He was pacing back and forth in his and his wife's bedroom, thinking about what he could do to help Trollex get over what happened.

Alannah wasn't sleeping either as she could feel the tension in the entire castle. So, she decided to at least talk things out again with her husband. "Hun..?" She started, sitting up. But before she could continue, Thrill spoke his thoughts out loud. "Have i been too hard on him? I mean, i want to protect him, but am i doing the right thing? I feel like he hates me more and more every time i punish him...." Alannah sighed. "I think you did right by grounding him. Although, sometimes... You have to let children make their own experiences and decisions so they can learn from them. Yes, he did leave when he wasn't supposed to, but... I feel like if he stayed in his room, Synth would have gone on his own. And without Trollex, Synth would be gone today..." Thrill turned to face her. "You think so?" He asked. "Yes, but also... Sometimes you have to be hard on kids for them to listen to you." She added, looking down. "It is hard to balance all of this out when raising kids, but you also have to let them know that you love them no matter what... Something you haven't done in years..." She said, looking at her husband with a sad expression.

Thrill thought for a moment. "You're right..." He said after a good five minutes. "I will work on that..." He sighed. "Also.. Should i tell him the truth? He told me that he did not remember what happened, but i want to protect him from this. I don't want him to find out..." Thrill added. "Why do you think he was defying you and leaving Techno Reef?" Alannah asked, and at that moment, Thrill understood his son's behaviors. "... I see..." Thrill paused for a moment. "He's still too young, but i have to tell him regardless... If he really is searching for answers, then i will give them to him." Thrill smiled. "And i think, that after everything that happened, Trollex has been punished enough!"

***
Meanwhile...

Synth, who was out of bed, was eavesdropping on his parent's conversation. He could not hear very well, but he knew they were talking about Trollex. He sighed, and decided to try again and pay his brother a visit. But, after reaching Trollex's bedroom door, he stopped and hesitated. He shook his head, trying to dismiss any bad thoughts, and knocked gently on the door.

....

He was met with silence. So, instead, he decided to open the door and let himself in. He closed the door behind him and then went straight to his brother's side. "Bro..?" He whispered. When he noticed that Trollex was still awake, he tried again, but this time he decided to shake him. "Bro!?" And Trollex finally snap back to reality. "Huh!?!" He sat up quickly, giving himself a headache.

Okay, it was more because he was hungry and tired, but sitting up so quickly made it worst... And Synth, knowing just by lookim at him that his brother was hurt, hugged him as soon as Trollex was facing him. "S-Synth...?" Trollex asked, and instantly, tears started to fall down his cheeks. "I don't remember what happened... But i do remember dad saying that you saved me." Synth started. "Synth...." Trollex hugged him back, tears still falling down. "I should have... I'm so sorry..." He said, trying to calm himself down. "I forgive you!" Synth responded. "Besides, if you would've said no and stayed in your room, i probably would've left to play on my own anyway."

Trollex pushed him away gently, breaking the hug. "What?" Synth smiled. "You actually made a good decision by leaving with me! Otherwise i would have been a goner!" Trollex was taken aback. He rubbed his eyes, drying his tears away. "But... But i... Huh?" He was at a loss for words. "You look hungry, wanna grab something to eat in the kitchen?" Synth asked, smiling and trying to cheer him up. "... O-ok...." Trollex answered.

And to the kitchen they went. They took some snacks and started to eat at the dinning table. Trollex apologized many times and was feeling drowzy from lack of sleep, while Synth was telling him that it was alright and that he forgave him. All while trying to make sure he ate a little bit more than just a few bites before going to bed.

In the end, both of them finished their snacks, cleaned up and went to bed together, in Trollex's room.

And, right before falling asleep, Trollex swore to become a better brother, friend and the future King everyone was expecting him to be.

He only needed to apologize to everyone he might have hurt and work hard.

As hard as he could possibly work!

And as he fell asleep that night, with a smile on his face and his little brother beside him, his heart returned to it's original bright Pink color.