How to ask?

Alrighty, this chapter took a while to do xD!
Also, i might add some small and cute chapters in between the others, because i feel like i haven't made much interractions between Trollex and Cora, so i'm gonna fix that!
These two have a really strong bond that i've been trying to write, it is not easy, but i'm doing my best. I'm going to show how much these two care about each other and how much they truly belong together with some more chapters of shenanigans!(You can give me ideas if you want :P)

Anyway, here's a chapter about a school dance, part 1(End of 8th grade) 17-18 years old

--------------------------------------------

In high school, one of the most important thing besides your grades and your friends was the school dance at the very end of your school years. "Why?" You may ask? Because for most, the last night of school meant the last chance to ask your crush. The last chance to have fun before having to start jobs or more school in college. The last night to spend with your bestest friends. You know, the boring of adulthood!

But for others, it was just a celebration for those who were graduating. Just another rave party. And Trollex was one of them. Although, for some reason, he was panicking about the whole thing. How could he not? This was his chance to ask Cora on a date! But, the dance was only a week away and he had no idea on how to ask her, and especially how to ask her without looking like a fool or a mess of an idiot. After pacing back and forth in his room, he decided to try to talk to his father. Maybe he could help? Although, Trollex had to make sure to lie to his father about this, or he would never hear the end of it...

Trollex left his room, knocked on his father's office door and waited until he got a response from Thrill. "Come in!" Trollex heard after a couple of seconds, so he opened the door and went in, closing it behind him. "Hey, dad?" He asked. "Yes, Trollex?" Thrill answered, not looking up from his work. The King was sitting down in a chair behind a desk doing some paperwork. "Can i ask you a question?" Trollex asked, trying to find a way to phrase his next question. "You just did!" Thrill answered, smirking and looking up at his son.

"....." Trollex tried not to laugh, looking at his father. "Okay then... I have a question." He said, after taking a breath to calm himself down. "I'd be happy to answer it!" Thrill said, waiting. "... How.. Um... I mean, my friend wanted to know.. When you asked mom if she wanted to go out with you... How did you ask her?" Trollex asked, a bit flustered. Thrill was perplex, but he saw right through the prince's lie. And after a few seconds, he smiled. "I knew you would want to ask her out one day!" He said, standing up from his desk. Trollex blushed and he panicked again. "W-WHAT? Pfff, no. I told you i was asking for a friend..." he said looking away with his arms crossed and his face glowing blue.

Thrill smiled, knowing full well that he was lying. "Very well then. All 'your friend' has to do is stop whinning and go ask like a real man! Just like i did when i was your age." Thrill said, turning his back on Prince Trollex mid-sentence, looking for a book in the bookshelf behind the chair of his desk. "That's it..?" Trollex asked, a bit disappointed. "Yes!" Thrill answered, still smiling. "Ok... I'll tell him that then..." Trollex said, and then left.

On his way to his mother's art studio, he was still disappointed by his father's answer. "There's no way he wasn't stressed about that.." he thought. And he decided that he was going to ask his mom if Thrill truly did like what he said he did.

Once at the studio's door, which was open, he knocked to let his mom know he was there. "Hey, mom?" He asked. "Yes, dear?" Alannah answered, as she turned to look at her son. Since the Queen was not one to judge or tease about things like that, Trollex knew he could tell her anything. "Was dad really able to ask you out with confidence?" He asked, sitting down on a chair near by. The Queen laughed. "Oh my goodness, no! He was a mess! He tried to ask several times, but he looked more like a mumbling idiot every time he did. One of the reasons i fell for him!" She said, daydreaming. But she quickly snapped out of it and turned back to her son. "Why do you ask?" Trollex sighed. "I asked him. I wanted to know if there was a way to properly ask without... You know, being too scared to do it..!?" He said, looking at his mother, clearly nervous.

Alannah smiled. "You want to ask Cora, don't you?" Trollex nodded. "Well, the only thing you have to do is to tell yourself that no matter what her answer will be, you will still have each other as friends." She said, smiling reasuringly. "Won't that make it akward, though?" He asked. "It might, but time will change that! Also, you're way over-thinking it." She answered, turning her attention back to her painting. "Over-thinking?" Trollex said, more to himself than anything else, but his mother still answered. "Yes! It's true that these situations are stressful, but you'll never move forward if you don't at least try. You need to face your fears." She said, as she turned around to face her son with a warm smile. Trollex smiled back, nodded and went back to his room.

Right after closing the door, he punched the wall on the left side of it. "How am i supposed to do that!?" He thought, but he was interrupted when he saw something fall in the corner of his eyes. He looked to his left and sure enough, the small painting Cora made for him when he got sick real bad, fell down on the ground. He sighed and went to pick it up, but one corner of it got stuck under his small library. Trollex took the painting and pulled it as hard as he could and heard a small ripping noise. Thinking that he might have ripped it, he looked at it closely and saw that he didn't rip it, but it also wasn't actually only a painting. It was a card. So he opened it to read the message written inside.

"Dear Trollex,

After being your best friend and telling you all my hopes and desires, I need to tell you what will make me happy.

You have always been there for me through our ups and downs; you've listened to my problems and, most of all, you've put up with me and all the crazy things I do. I love being with you and acting like fools, and I just love everything about you. I love you. Please get well soon.

Coralie xoxox"

Trollex stared at the note, now a blushing mess. He didn't know how to react. He was prepared to read a 'get well soon' letter, but not a straight up love confession letter from her. He felt happy but also confused, he never thought she would be interested in him like he was interested in her. He was so deep in thoughts, thinking about what kind of hints she might have given him over the years, that he failed to hear his bedroom door open. "Hey, bro!" Synth almost shouted, looking over his brother's shoulder once he got close enough. "What'cha doin'?" He asked, but when he saw the card, he smiled widely. "No way! You finally opened it!" He said, overly happy. "I. Am. An idiot!" Trollex said, still in shock. Synth looked at Trollex with a raised brow. "Well, duh! It was so obvious. Can't believe you never noticed!" Synth said, trying not to laugh. "Especially since you have always been in love with her too." He added, still trying to contain his laughter.

Trollex, who was not really listening, started to think outloud. "It's been years since she gave me that card though..." He said, then he turned to face Synth. "Do you think she still feels that way about me, even after a couple of years?" He asked, really disappointed in himself. Synth sighed. "If you really wanna know, you should go ask her yourself, bro.." He said, with a shrug. "WHAT!?" Trollex shouted. "Oh come on! Please end my suffering and tell me!" He added, almost begging. "Fine! She does like you." Synth said, turning to leave. "WAIT! You said 'like' not 'love', 'like' doesn't mean that she loves me..." Trollex said, in a small state of panic, but Synth only shrugged and left.

Trollex was alone again, his mind full of questions that needed answers. But he knew that Synth and his mother were right. He really needed to face his fears and ask. So, after calming down, he decided to just go ask her to the dance. Unfortunately, it didn't go the way he thought it would.

He left his room and the castle to join Cora and their friends at the park. Beachy, Flow, Shell and Dylan all left to leave the two alone, since all four of them knew all too well Trollex and Cora's feelings towards each other. The Prince went to ask her, but she spoke before he could. "So... Bet you're gonna get lots of girls to ask you to the dance..." She said, clearely upset. Trollex laughed a nervous laugh. "You'd be surprised..." He said. "Oh please! If you don't get a date to the dance, i'll sing in front of everybody..." She said, leaving. "But I..." He said, but it was too late as she was already too far away.

--------------------------------------------

Fun fact: Cora had always been too shy to sing in front of anyone. At the exception of Trollex and her parents. In short, she has anxiety issues xD