Sunrise

In this chapter, the pair are 14 years old.

--------------------------------------------

It's no surprise that Techno Trolls had never seen the stars, the sunrise or the sunset. They had been forbidden to go on the surface after the events that happened in the past. Of course, they all forgot about the story of the strings. All but the Royal family. Since one of their duties was to protect their strings from the other Trolls, mostly the Pop Trolls, they knew the story by heart. But other then them, no one remembered the events. And no one has ever tried to disobey their King or Queen. Of course there has been some who tried, but they were always caught before they could actually reach the surface.

Trollex had found a way to reach it though. He was the first one in centuries to be able to feel the wind on his scales and skin, see the stars at night when his parents were asleep and watch as the sun was rising slowly, warming up his body in a beatiful morning. Of course, he always experience these amazing views on his own. So when he saw that Cora was feeling down, he decided to share with her these wonders.

So when he got the chance, he left by the window of his room at 3 a.m. and went to Cora's house. Of course, her parents would never let him be all alone with Cora after how Trollex used to be a couple of years ago, especially not in the middle of the night. So instead he went for her bedroom window. He knocked gently on it, even if her window was open, and waited for her to wake up. Once she did, she swam to her window, yawning. "Lex...?! What are you doing here at this time?" She said, whispering. "I wanna show you something." He whispered back, smiling. "You know what my parents would do if they see you..." She whispered, now sad. "I know... But I promise this won't get you in trouble." He whispered back. "I'll get you home right before they notice you're gone."

Cora thought for a moment, but smiled as she left her room, following Trollex. But when she saw that he was swimming towards the surface she stopped. "Where are we going..?" She asked, a bit scared. Trollex stopped and turned to look at her. "The surface." He said. "But, it's forbiden.. What if we get caught? What if a predator attack us? Trollex-" She said, but was cut by Trollex. "Cora, I know i haven't been careful at all before. But you can trust me when I say that where we're going is perfectly safe." He smiled as he extended his hand for her to take.

And she took it. She smiled as she continued to follow him.

Once they reached the surface, Trollex found a rock that was poking out of the water and swam to it with Cora. "Here, let me help you." He said, as he lifted her up so she would stand on the rock with her fins. "Wow! I didn't know my fins were strong enough to support me! Just like legs!!" She said, admiring her fins while Trollex stood behind her, chukling. "That's not what i wanted to show you." He said as he walked to Cora so he would stand right beside her. "Look up!" He said, pointing up to the sky.

Cora looked up and her face lit up with happiness as she saw the stars that was decorating the night sky. "Wow..." She said, sitting down to admire the view. The half-moon was out and shining brightly with all the stars surrounding it. Trollex sat down beside her as well, but instead of looking at the sky, he was looking at her, smiling.

A few minutes passed and Trollex frowned, looking away. Cora noticed this and looked at him, now worried. "What's the matter?" She asked, as he sighed. "I'm sorry..." He started, making Cora curious but also confused. "For what?" She asked. "For everything I did before... I was always so focused on doing whatever I wanted to do, that i've never asked you how you felt about it... I've never stopped to listened to your advice... And because of me, you got into a lot of trouble, some of them almost got us both killed..." Cora looked at him and frowned. "You were pretty reckless..." She said. Then, she smiled. "But, you were always there for me everytime. And some of these times were my fault, not yours. Besides, you already apologized to me... More than once."

Trollex smiled at that, but frowned right after. "I know, but still.. I should have listened to my father and you since the begining." He said. But before he could say anything else, Cora laid her head on his shoulder, making him freeze and blush. "I forgave you already. I actually have never been mad at you for anything. I've never blamed you either." She said, as the sun was starting to rise.

Both looked at the sunrise. Cora in awe and Trollex was just happy to finally be able to share this view with her. A nice silence had settle between them as the wind flew gently. And in that moment, Trollex got a bit nervous as his cheeks were starting to glow. "Cora..." He said, breaking the silence. "Yes?" She asked, curious. "I... I wanted to tell you..." He started, now getting more nervous than before as he was blushing madly. "I... uumm... I-" But he got cut by Cora. "Oh my gosh! I have to go back home!" She said, panicked.

And both of them went back home without being spotted by anyone, thanks to Trollex keeping his promise.

After that morning though, all the prince could think of was how much of a mess he had been for simply trying to tell her he loved her. And, boy, did he feel stupid about it.

"Oh, barnacle..."

--------------------------------------------

Alright! Another chapter done! I hope you liked it guys!!