3

⚚

A truck that had been gathering logs from a site that wasn't too far away, entered the local pub and parked at a spot that wasn't taking up too much space. The trucker that was inside, stepped out and exited as he walked inside; the faint sound of a woman singing heard from outside the doors before he opened them and her voice could be heard clearly upon entering. The place wasn't big, yet it wasn't too small either.

Clark happened to be working at the place for a while but under a different name, hoping not to be found by anyone who had happened to be looking for him for any reason. Clark smiled at a woman who had been working there with him before she left with some beers for a table. That's when he overheard a conversation between two military men about what they were dealing with back at their site. Anyone would be wondering on why they would be giving this sort of information or stating this sort of information towards each other in a public place aware of people around them listening in.

"Anything else?" The woman asked the men she had taken the beer to. They were being rude to her and attempted to take advantage of her just because she was a woman and they were men. "Back off, Ludlow. I'm serious." She told the trucker. When she went to grab the empty beer glass, the man groped her ass as he spoke "Oh, C'mon Chrissy."

"I said knock it off." She spat as she moved and slapped his hand away from her. "Sit down." He mentioned as he grabbed her wrist. "Let me go." She replied. Clark quickly walked over and placed his hand on the man's shoulder. "Hey. Leave her alone, man." Clark stated as the trucker stood up quickly to face him; dropping the glass cup on the ground- letting it shatter only to draw more attention to the scene.

"Or what, tough guy?" He told Clark

"Or I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

"I think I'll probably just leave when I'm good and ready." He told Clark before rudely splashing his beer on Clark's face; some of the men around the room laughed at the scene. Clark blinked before looking at the man in anger. "Oh, there he is." He said and attempted to push Clark back but it only resulted into getting pushed back himself seeing how Clark didn't budge a hair from the Impact. Chrissy stepped forward and placed a hand on Clark's arm. "It's not worth it, sweetie." She told him and he sighed before removing his apron, and throwing it down on the table.

Turning around and walking away to gather his things, Ludlow grabbed an object and threw it at his head. "Hey, asshole, don't forget your tip." He was in fact the asshole in the situation and by in turn, all of the other men who were in the room who laughed at the situation rather than notice that Clark was trying to stop the sexual harassment, were assholes as well. Hours passed since he left and by the time the trucker was done, he headed out to get on his truck but only to notice that it was destroyed with his own logs piercing through them. As Clark walked alongside the road, he tried getting one of the people who were passing by to give him a ride; didn't work seeing how no one stopped.

A helicopter entered the next scene as it started to descend from its position, landing near the people who were nearby to help assist. The landscape was snowy and cold for sure but the whereabouts could've been Antarctica. Anywhere cold for that matter. Clark, again, was seen heading towards the helicopter once it landed. Turned out he was using yet another fake alias rather than his actual name. Once the door was opened, Lois was revealed followed by yourself. "Damn it's cold..." you muttered and she just smiled at you.

Clark helped her off the aircraft first before going to you. When you noticed his face, he looked highly familiar, you just couldn't remember from where. You both shared a looked that lingered for a mere second before Lois called you over. "Hi." Lois said towards the man that was awaiting for your arrival. "Miss Lane and Miss Dane. How you doing?" The man asked as he shook her hand first. "Good. We're both good." She answered for you as you nodded.

"Jed Eubanks, Arctic Cargo." The man introduced himself.

"How far to the station?" Lois asked as you glanced around.

"Camp's just over the rise. I'll walk both of you over."

"Great." You told him with a smile.

"Joe can take your bags. Joe. Help them out." Jed mentioned as he then motioned towards Clark and Clark nodded his head. Apparently his alias was Joe.

"Careful with those. They're heavy." Lois mentioned before you looked over to him. "I can help." You said and Lois touched your arm "they're offering their aid. Let them help." She mentioned and you shared a glance at Clark before following Lois.

"I gotta confess, Miss Lane and Miss Dane.. I'm not a fan of the Daily Planet. But those pieces both you and Y/n wrote when you were embedded with the 1st division were... well, they were pretty impressive." Jed said as you smiled softly to yourself. You were behind the two as they walked side by side, behind you, was Clark listening into the conversation.

"Well, what can I say? I get writer's block if I'm not wearing a flak jacket. That and Y/n here, is a great motivator. I couldn't have fully succeeded without her help." Lois mentioned before turning to give you a smile. Jed chuckled before the full site was in view.

Entering the camp, both you and Lois were greeted. "Miss Lane and Miss Dane. I'm Colonel Hardy, U.S. Northcom. Dr. Emil Hamilton from DARPA." He mentioned and refused to shake hands with Lois and yourself. So instead, the both of you shook hands with Dr. Hamilton. "You're early." He added. His tone was easily distinguishable and placed in the category of rude. "We were expecting the both of you tomorrow."

"Which is why we showed up today." You mentioned as you gave him a glare.

"Look, let's get one thing straight, guys, okay?" Lois started to tell them before continuing. "The only reason we're here is because we're on Canadian soil and the appellate court overruled your injunction to keep us away."

"So if we're done measuring dicks can you have your people show us what you found?" You finished off. The Dr smiled but the Colonel didn't.

A man by the name of Sekowsky started to speak as his fingers typed away at the computer in front of him that were showing him the grids of the area. "NASA's EOS satellites pinged the anomaly first. The ice shelf plays hell on the echo soundings. But there's definitely something there." He stated as he pointed to a specific part of the grid. You, Lois, the Colonel and the Dr were all around him as he spoke.

"A submarine, maybe? Soviet-era?" Lois suggested.

"Doubtful. That's 300 meters. Considerably larger than anything we know they built back then." The Colonel mentioned and that's when you added in. "Could be alien. We can't cross that off the list without knowing for sure and having a closer look." You stated and the Colonel gave you a look.

"But here's the spooky part. The ice surrounding the object it's nearly twenty thousand years old." The man at the computer said and both you and Lois shared a look; she had a feeling your theory couldn't be wrong.

"Miss Lane? Dane?" Hardy called out as both you and Lois turned to face him. "Try not to wander. Temperatures drop to minus 40 at night around here. Wouldn't find either of your bodies till after spring." He added as both of you walked over. Lois moved over to let 'Joe' out. When your arm brushed his, a memory was shared between the two of you, it was one of when you both were young, playing in the fields and you were going to say something till the Colonel called you over. Clark must've felt it because he gave off the same look you did when you looked at him.

"And there you guys go." He mentioned and both you and Lois stepped inside. There inside the cargo wasn't just packaging but two cots and a few belongings. A small heater that wasn't going to do much justice. "What if we need to tinkle?" Lois sighed as she faced the Colonel. "There's a bucket in the corner." He said before leaving and shutting the door. "Asshole.." you said. "You can say that again." She added.