13

Clark's dog from home started to bark at the screen door again to alert Martha that there was company. As she approached the door, she creased her eyebrows as she shushed the dog and went to find out what was going on. Exiting the house, she noticed one of the two ships landing.

The smoke of the explosion was seen or could be seen from a mile away, but both you and Clark appeared from it. Clark was holding on to you as you were to him. "Thank you." You told him as you both descended before touching the ground. "Of course." He replied before hearing you grunt. "Are you alright?" He questioned as he pulled away from you lightly.

Sighing, you moved your hand gently away from the wounded area. "One of the soldiers managed to stab me." You mentioned and he looked at you worriedly when noticing the amount of blood. "Clark, I'll be fine. I can just.... Try to heal it or something. I have magic, remember?" You mentioned and he gave you a look. "They looked inside my mind." You added and he mentioned that they had done the same to him. The two of you stood there in an comfortable silence as you just looked at each other, still in one another's embrace.

Making a concerned face that broke it, you looked at Clark after looking slightly to the side. "Clark, your mother!" You told him and his demeanor changed as he sped off; leaving you there. You had an idea of what to do next but you made sure to follow him just to make sure his mom was alright.

"The craft he arrived in.. where is it?" Zod asked as Martha gave off a look. "Go to hell." She mentioned. They didn't like that one but seeing how the commander, went to her in a quick motion and lifted her off the ground by holding her throat. She glanced last minute to show the barn and Faora threw her to the side harshly. When Faora left and entered the barn by breaking through the roof, you teleported your way in front of Martha. Using your magic to create a force field around you both, you asked her if she was okay.

Faora returned to tell Zod that it wasn't there. He got mad and picked up the nearby truck, flinging it towards the roof of the house. Noticing him take a few steps closer to you so he could get to Martha, you pushed him back with a power blast. He stumbled slightly with a few of his men but looked angrily. "Where is the Codex?!" He yelled as you still defended Martha. That's when Clark entered and took Zod with him.

Yelling as he carried him, he flew him over the corn field, through some tanks that destroyed and some exploded, before roughly slamming him on the ground; dragging him in the process as he punched him repeatedly. "You think you can threaten my mother?!" Clark yelled at Zod till they entered a nearby town and went right through a gas pump; exploding in the process as people nearby ran away from the scene to take shelter.

The ship along with the soldiers left Martha's property as they followed Zod's location. You turned once they did and bent down to help Martha up. "Are you okay?" You asked and she looked at the direction they flew off to before dusting herself off. "I will be after you both handle the invaders." She mentioned before sighing and placing a hand on the side of your arm. "But thank you for defending me." She added and you nodded before leaving after Clark.