5

⚚

"What Colonel Hardy and his team surmised was a Soviet-era submarine was actually something much more exotic." Lois started to say as a helicopter was shown flying over the icy water and some icebergs; her waving her hands in the air for them as you laid on the ground unconscious- just beginning to wake up. "An isotope analysis of the surrounding ice bores suggests that an object had been trapped in the glacier for over 18,000 years. As for Y/n's rescuer? He disappeared during the object's departure. A background check revealed that his work history and identity had been falsified. The questions raised by her rescuer's existence are frightening to contemplate... but I also know what I saw and she does too. And we have arrived at the inescapable conclusion that the object and its occupant did not originate on Earth." Lois finished and now could be seen in her boss' office alongside you.

"I can print this, Lois, Y/n. You might have hallucinated half of it." Perry told the both of you and your eyebrows creased.

"What about the contractors who corroborated our story?" Lois replied.

"The pentagon is denying that there was a ship." He mentioned.

"Of course they are. That's what they're supposed to. It's the Pentagon." You added.

"Perry, come on it's us we're talking about. We're Pulitzer Prize-winning reporters." She defended.

"Then act like it." He stated.

"Print it or we walk." Lois mentioned and you agreed with her.

"You can't. You both are under contract." He said and both of you sighed; knowing he was telling the truth. "I'm not running a story about aliens waking among us." That's when you shared a glance with Lois, she knew you didn't like the term 'aliens' used when you were involved in the conversation. Remembering about when your mother had told you about the pod you had arrived in. She knew about that also since you told her. Sitting down, he slid the paper back to her before saying that it was never gonna happen.

She smiled before walking out of his office. "Why is it so hard for them to say extraterrestrial instead of alien." You told her in a near quiet voice so no one around you both could hear. "I don't know. Maybe it's because the title 'alien' rolls out of their tongue easier for them." Lois replied as you both reached your desks. She noticed the look you had when you sighed; placing a hand on your shoulder. "Let's get a drink. On me." She offered and you nodded your head.

Not too long after, the both of you were seated at the bar section of the place as the bartender came over. "That's a Scotch, straight up, for the lady and Bourbon for another beautiful woman." He said and the last piece was towards you as he handed you the drink before leaving.

"I'm sending you the original article." Lois said to the man next to her that had been running his own site it turned out. He was willing to help the both of you. "My editor won't print it, but if it happened to leak online..." she added.

"Got it. But didn't you once described my site as a creeping cancer of falsehoods?" He questioned after receiving her email.

You smiled at the remark as Lois continued. "I stand by my words, Woodburn, but I want this story out there."

"Why?"

That's when you chipped in. "Because I want my mystery man to know I know the truth." You mentioned and Lois nodded before downing her drink.

A polar bear was sighted on parts of an iceberg as it was making it way to look for food. The ship not too far away on a mountain side.

"Recursive diagnosis complete. Guiding presence authenticated. All systems operational." The computer stated as the chair that was behind him started to rise and go back to where it was beforehand; just to reveal the man he had been following standing there.

"To see you standing there having grown into an adult... if only Lara could have witnessed this." The man spoke.

"Who are you?" Clark mentioned.

"I am your father, Kal." He replied. (I am your father luke. NOOOOOO 😂) "Or at least a shadow of him. His consciousness. My name was Jor-El."

"And Kal?" Clark started to say before smiling softly. "That's my name."

"Kal-El. It is."

"I have so many questions. Where do I come from? Why did you send me here?"

"You came from Krypton. A world with a much harsher environment than Earth's and a twin to a neighboring planet. Long ago... in an era of expansion our race spread out through the stars... seeking new worlds to settle upon. This scout ship was one of thousands launched into the void. We built outposts on the other planets using great machines to reshape environments to our needs. For 100,000 years, our civilization flourished accomplishing wonders."

"What happened?"

"Artificial population control was established. The outposts on space exploration were abandoned. We exhausted our natural resources. As a result, our planet's core became unstable. Eventually, our military leader... General Zod, attempted a coup. But by then it was too late. Your mother and I foresaw the coming calamity and we took certain steps to ensure your survival. Apparently the intel I've gathered was that in search of you, they went onto the neighboring planet, their fate ending the same." Jor-El said before adding.

"This is a genesis chamber." He was bringing Clark to the chamber where the children in eggs were. "All Kryptonians we're conceived in chambers such as this. Every child was designed to fulfill a pre-determined role in our society.. as a worker, a warrior, a leader and so on. Your mother and I believed Krypton lost something precious. The element of choice, of chance. What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended for him or her? What if a child aspired to something greater? You were the embodiment of that belief, Kal. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries. That's why we risked so much to save you."

"Why didn't you come with me?" Clark asked as they now walked down a hall.

"We couldn't, Kal. No matter how much we wanted to. No matter how much we loved you. Your mother, Lara, and I were a product of the failures of our world as much as Zod was... tied to its fate."

"So I'm alone."

"No. You're as much a child of Earth now as you are of Krypton. You can embody the best of both worlds. The dream your mother and I dedicated our lives to preserve. That and the fact that I've learned that someone else is not from Earth but lives here. I've sensed her. So no, you're not alone." Jor-El said and Clark made a face.

"A woman?"

"Yes. When she was attacked, I ran her blood sample. She is from our neighboring planet. She survived." Jor-El mentioned before continuing on with what he was originally saying; revealing the suit. "The people of Earth are different from us, it's true. But, ultimately, I believe that's a good thing. They won't necessarily make the same mistakes we did. Not if you guide them, Kal. Not if you give them hope." He then revealed the big S on his chest. "That's what this symbol means. The symbol of the house of El means hope. Embodied within that hope is the fundamental belief in the potential of every person to be a force for good. That's what you could bring them." He finished as Clark looked at the suit.