7

⚚

The sounds of phones ringing from the co-workers desks could be heard echoing around the offices as Lois then appeared down the hall. You weren't with her. You decided to stay behind and she accepted that; telling you to call her if anything. "You better watch out, Lois." One of her Co-Workers said before he stood up from his desk. "Hey, Perry's gunning for you and Y/n. Speaking of which, where is she." He added.

"Out." Lois vaguely replied.

"He knows you both were Woodburn's anonymous source and cannot wait to rip you both a new one." He then mentioned and she sighed; hoping you'd be there with her but you weren't.

Heading towards his office, she knocked on his door frame before he allowed her in. "I told you both not to run with this, and what did you both do? You let Woodburn just shotgun it all over the Internet. Now the publishers want me to sue you both." Perry began to say before noticing you weren't there. "Where's Y/n?"

"Visiting an old friend." She said before adding on. "Well, if it makes a difference, we're dropping it."

"Whoa, just like that?"

"Yep."

"What happened to your leads?"

"They didn't pan out. The story is smoke."

"Or perhaps it just didn't get the traction you both hoped it would?" He said and she made a face.

"Both of you have two weeks leave... no pay, that's your penance. Make sure to let Y/n know. If either of you try something like this again... you're done here." He mentioned and she nodded. "Fine." She said before heading towards the door.

"No, let's make it three weeks since you're so willing to agree with me."

"Perry."

"No, no. Don't. Don't. I believe you both saw something, Lois. But not for a moment do I believe that your leads just went cold. So whatever your reasons are for dropping it... I think you're doing the right thing."

"Why?"

"Can you imagine how people on this planet would react... if they knew there was someone like this out there?" He mentioned and she glanced down since she knew you weren't so different to Clark as you claim yourself to be.

A few of a turnt over wagon on the grass was shown as a windmill in the distance was seen reflecting off the view of a window. Martha was fixing her little gardening area out in front as you were doing a few things inside the home for her; helping her around. A vehicle could be heard approaching which caused her to look up. Gasping at who it was, she smiled then told her dog to go and get him. You heard this from inside and had a feeling of who she was speaking about.

The dog raced towards Clark as he happily pet him, walking over to his mom. "Well, look at you." She said with a smile. He had one of his own before they hugged each other; chuckling at the sight. "A reporter came by here." Martha started to say as they started to walk towards the house. "She's a friend. Don't worry." Clark mentioned as he gently patted her hand. "Oh. Speaking of friend." Martha started to say before pulling away. "You can come out dear." She called out to you and you exited.

Clark chuckled at her ways before noticing you. A small smile on your face when noticing Clark, he smiled as well when he spotted you. "Y/n..." he muttered before you both walked towards each other and engulfed in a hug. "I've missed you." He said in a near sad tone of not seeing his friend for a long time. "As I with you." You mentioned and the hug lasted longer than his mother's before you both pulled away. "Turns out, Y/n has a secret of her own." Martha mentioned before Clark looked at you.

That's when you told Clark everything you had told his mother and he let out a breath of relief. "So I'm really, not alone. He was right." Clark started to say which confused both you and Martha. "Who.." you asked him. "I found them. I found my parents." He mentioned and Martha smiled for him; proud of him. "My people. I know where I come from now. And I know where you come from too." He mentioned before saying the last part towards you.

"Wow.. that's wonderful. I'm so happy for you Clark." His mom started to say before turning to head in but stopped at the steps. You knew how she was feeling and knew Clark was going to explain everything to the both of you soon. Placing a hand on his shoulder, you both looked at Martha as she spoke. "It's nothing." She said before sitting and the two of you sat on either side of her. "When you were a baby I used to lay by your crib at night listening to you breathe. It was hard for you. You struggled." She began to say and you placed and hand on her hand; which she held onto.

"And I worried all the time." She added as Clark and you listened. "You worried the truth would come out." He said and she looked at him.

"No." She said before placing her arm over his shoulders. "The truth about you is beautiful. Same with Y/n." She added before looking back at her son. "We saw that the moment we laid eyes on you. We knew that one day, the whole world would see that. I know Y/n did. And I'm sure you're happy to have a friend like her. As she, you." That's when you nodded your head and shared a smile with Clark. "I'm just... I'm worried they'll take you away from me. Both of you."

He chuckled as he pulled her in for a hug. "I'm not going anywhere, Mom. And I'm sure Y/n isn't either." He mentioned. "Clark's right. I'm not. If you ever need help, I'll be there." You told her and she smiled. "We promise." Clark added.

That's when you started to get a phone call. "Excuse me." You told them and walked a few feet away but wasn't aware Clark could hear your conversation with Lois on the phone. "Really?" You said as you crossed your arm over your chest. "Well thank you for doing what you did, Lois. I appreciate. You don't know how much this means to me." You mentioned then said your goodbyes. Walking back over, they both looked at you. "What happened?" Martha asked when she noticed your face. "She got a three week leave from her job with no pay." Clark mentioned. "I forgot you could hear from far." You mentioned with a playful eye roll which made him chuckle. "It's fine though. Lois took care of it." You added.