10

⚚

The army outside of the area that was said to be the meeting spot for General Zod, were arming themself as Superman approached. There he was floating in mid air as two SUVs started to approach the gate before the men stepped out of their vehicles.

"All right. You've got our attention." The general spoke. "What is it you want?"

"I would like to speak to Y/n Dane." Clark mentioned.

"I'm sorry to say, we can't find her."

Sighing, he then figured.. "I would like to speak to Lois Lane."

"What makes you think she's here?"

"Don't play games with me, General. I'll surrender, but only if you guarantee Lois's freedom." Clark mentioned and they took him in.

Walking down the hallways in cuffs, he overheard some men talking about a woman they got ahold of

Walking down the hallways in cuffs, he overheard some men talking about a woman they got ahold of. The inner part of him, hoped it was you. Once in a room, they brought out Lois.

"Why are you surrendering to Zod?" Lois asked.

"I'm suree dont to mankind. There's a difference."

"You let them handcuff you?"

"Wouldn't be much of a surrender if I resisted. And if it makes them feel more secure... then all the better for it."

Lois smiled. "Xandy told me something similar before they took her in." She mentioned and he got the hint that you were in a different room; in a similar position as he was currently. "What's the S stand for?"

Looking down, he sighed before returning his attention back to her

Looking down, he sighed before returning his attention back to her. "It's not an S. On my world it means hope. Just like how Xandy's suit color signifies power." He mentioned.

"Well, here, it's an S. How about... Superman." She mentioned before being cut off.

"Uh, sir? Hi, my name is Dr. E.."

"Emil Hamilton. I know, I can see your ID tag in your breast pocket. Along with a half-eaten roll of wintergreen Lifesavers. I can also see the squad of soldiers in the next room preparing that tranquilizing agent of yours. You won't need it."

"Sir, you can't expect us to not take precautions. You and Xandy could be carrying some kind of alien pathogen."

"We've been here for roughly 33 years, doctor. Haven't infected anyone yet."

"That you both know of. We have legitimate security concerns. You both revealed your identity to Miss Lane over there. Why won't you both do the same with us?" The general spoke and this annoyed Clark as much as it did when they asked you the same question.

Sighing, he stood up; breaking ahold of the cuffs that ones held him. "Let's put our cards on the table here, General. You're scared of us because you can't control us. You don't, and you never will. But that doesn't mean we're your enemy."

"Then who is? Zod?"

"That's what we're worried about."

"Be that as it may... I've been given orders to hand you both over to him."

"Do what you have to do, General." Clark finished and they released both you and him outside.

Now standing side by side, Lois faced the both of you. "Thank you." Clark mentioned.

"For what?" Lois questioned.

"For believing in us." You added.

"Didn't make much difference in the end." Lois sighed.

"It did to us." Clark spoke for the both of you and she smiled as she took ahold of your hand and his; giving it a small squeeze. "Don't do this." She said quietly to you in a sad tone. You looked down before looking back at her, right before you were going to say something about it, you stopped. "They're coming." You said then right after you said it, a sonic boom was heard in the background.

"You should leave now." Clark told Lois and she didn't want to move. "Lois, please. Go now." You told her and she gave a look of not wanting to leave her best friend at you before leaving back to the area where the military was.

Both you and Clark turned and faced where the noise was heard. "Well, this isn't exactly what I'd call catching up with one another.." you mentioned and he hummed a response; agreeing with you. "Here we go." You added as a smaller ship would be seen speeding towards the both of you before suddenly stoping.

Opening the back, a woman stepped out and walked down the stairs before closing the distance between the three of you. She wore a heavily armored suit along with a mask over her face. Yours was half way covering your face but hers was covering her whole face. The military men behind their little border watched with wide eyes as she approached both you and Clark. Part of her mask pulled away but not completely.

"Kal-El. Xandy. I'm sub-commander Faora-Ul. On behalf of General Zod, I extend you both his greetings." She said and you both nodded your heads before watching where she was going next. You both eyed her. "Are you the ranking officer here?" She asked the General.

"I am." He replied.

"General Zod would like this woman... to accompany me." She mentioned as she directly pointed at Lois. You touched Clark's arm. "No. She can't do that." You said and he stopped you from heading towards where she was. He knew you'd want to defend Lois and he didn't want anything to occur; like a chain reaction.

"You asked for the aliens. You didn't say anything about one of our own." Hardy mentioned as he stepped forward, in front of Lois.

"Shall I tell the general you're unwilling to comply?"

"I don't care what you tell him."

"It's all right. I'll go." Lois spoke up and you stepped forward but again Clark stopped you. The military wasn't happy with the decision but she went to you both. She noticed the unhappy looks both yourself and Clark had. She knew you were worried and touched your arm lightly. That's when you all started to board the ship. Leaving Earth's atmosphere.

Lois stood in between the two of you as Faora-Ul walked past to grab something. Clark passed her the object his father had given him, the same piece that turned the machine on back at the camp. She looked at it and saw that he was telling her not to let them see it. "Why didn't you stay..." you asked her and she was going to say something till Faora-Ul came back.

She had a mask in her hands for Lois as you had by now taken off your own. You only had it on to protect your identity with the people on Earth. There was no need to hide it from them. "The atmospheric composition on our ship is not compatible with humans. You would need to wear a breather... beyond this point." She mentioned and placed one on Lois. It easily fixed itself on and over her face.